Aaargh!!!

vim_and_vinegar
on 12/23/11 9:49 am
So about two hours ago I had a moment of serious weakness at the fridge. I ate a dollop of peanut butter. Just a dollop, but I'm only two weeks out and now I'm freaking thinking I ruined my pouch or something. Aargh! Why why WHY can't I control my hunger?? I know that it will get easier once I reach the puree stage and can have real food like scrambled eggs (I have been DREAMING about scrambled eggs) instead of protein shakes and protein gelatin, which I HATE. But that's not an excuse. I was given this amazing tool and I'm already abusing it. What is WRONG with me? I can't wait to start seeing the psychiatrist to talk about my food issues, but that's a week and a half away.

Lori P.
on 12/23/11 9:54 am - Kenosha, WI
You have not ruined anything.  If you did this 2 hours ago....you are past any harm.  

Most us us have "issues" with food...that is how we got to the point where we needed weight loss surgery....it is good to see someone to help you deal with the problem....you are on the right track!

SW 212 / Goal 130 / Current 130

(deactivated member)
on 12/23/11 10:06 am - Santa Cruz, CA
There's nothing wrong with a dollap of peanut butter. It's food, not heroin.

Hattie T.
on 12/23/11 10:36 am - Denver, CO
You are being far too hard on yourself.  A dollop is not going to hurt your pouch since it was liquified before getting down there.  As far as controlling your hunger goes, YOU DID IT by not eating half the jar! 

Hattie
Htaylor46     HW 412, SW 386, CW 309, GW 190      
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/23/11 3:04 pm - OH
I don't mean this to sound snotty, but I am genuinely curious as to why -- and HOW -- you think that something like a bit of PB can "ruin" your pouch.

Your pouch is not NEARLY as fragile as people here often make it sound.  You cannot "ruin" your pouch with any kind of food.  Some people are already eating moist chicken by 2 weeks out. If pouches were so easily "ruined" (I have been on OH for 4 years and I still don't understand what people say when they use that word...), surgeons would not be performing this surgery because everyone would "ruin" their pouch!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
Recent Topics