Lower back pain & can't stay awake

ellen-green
on 12/25/11 12:49 am - Pensacola, FL
I'm a little over a year out.  I never had my blood work done after 6 months due to some other minor issues, and had an ulcer.

The last few days I've got more and more tired and weak.  I've got lower back pain constantly like kidney maybe and I can't stay awake.  Goin to get blood work tomorrow, but any suggestions on what might be going on?  I really can't stay awake...kinda scary.
Price S.
on 12/25/11 12:53 am - Mills River, NC
No clue but here is a hug.    Hope you get it figured out soon.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

ellen-green
on 12/25/11 2:07 am - Pensacola, FL
Thanks - very sweet.   Gonna double up on supplements and do protein today.  Blood work tomorrow
JJ_
on 12/25/11 1:39 am
I suggest a visit to the ER if you are really concerned.  Merry Christmas.

Judy
ellen-green
on 12/25/11 2:06 am - Pensacola, FL
I obviously would if it got to that point.  I'm trying to see if anyone has had symptoms like this,
before I do anything like go to the ER on Christmas.
angelajula
on 12/25/11 1:40 am - Eldersburg, MD
Gallstones maybe? My sister happened to have gallstones at the same time she was having my niece. The pain she descriped was mid to lower back on the right side... If I'm even remember correctly.

http://www.medicinenet.com/gallstones/page4.htm Says:

The most common symptom of gallstones is biliary colic. Biliary colic is a very specific type of pain, occurring as the primary or only symptom in 80% of people with gallstones who develop symptoms... Characteristically, biliary colic comes on suddenly or builds rapidly to a peak over a few minutes.

• It is a constant pain, it does not come and go, though it may vary in intensity while it is present.

• It lasts for 15 minutes to 4-5 hours. If the pain lasts more than 4-5 hours, it means that a complication - usually cholecystitis - has developed.

• The pain usually is severe, but movement does not make the pain worse. In fact, patients experiencing biliary colic often walk about or writhe (twist the body in different positions) in bed trying to find a comfortable position.

• Biliary colic often is accompanied by nausea.

• Most commonly, biliary colic is felt in the middle of the upper abdomen just below the sternum.

• The second most common location for pain is the right upper abdomen just below the margin of the ribs.

• Occasionally, the pain also may be felt in the back at the lower tip of the scapula on the right side.

Everybody has one fight. This is mine. ~ Stacie  
O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O
melissa_whitener
on 12/25/11 2:07 am - PA
RNY on 12/31/13
 you should definitely go to the ER. My mom nearly died from a bleeding ulcer, was very sleepy and we finally realized she was in trouble when she was having trouble making conversation and walking.  She was slowly bleeding from an ulcer and had to be transfused. Better safe than dead! 
Most Active
Recent Topics