A little shaky but fully committed!

Nana1953
on 12/24/11 10:23 pm
RNY on 01/10/12
 I am scheduled for my surgery on Jan 10 th.  I would be less than truthful if I said I wasn't a little nervous of the unknown. However finding this forum tonight has been such a blessing!  To find all of your questions, experiences and stories has been such a boost to my confidence.   So nice to know you will be here to check in with when I get home from the hospital.  Thanks for the Christmas gift!!! Just what I needed !  

poet_kelly
on 12/24/11 10:36 pm - OH
Most people are at least a little nervous.  Some of us, more than a little!  It's major surgery and a total lifechanging experience.  It's OK to be nervous. 

We'll be waiting for your update when you get home from the hospital.  Good luck.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

(deactivated member)
on 12/24/11 11:24 pm
 Congratulations on getting your surgery date. I was two weeks post op when I discovered this web site and like you was thrilled. Good Luck and keep us posted on how you are doing. 

Merry Christmas

Pam
JJ_
on 12/25/11 1:42 am
Do you need to follow any diet prior to surgery?  All the best this holiday season.

Judy
Nana1953
on 12/25/11 8:56 am
RNY on 01/10/12
 No other than trying to follow some of the nutritionist recommendations at my obesity clinic.   
angelica N.
on 12/25/11 5:44 am - CA
Congrats!!!! I found out my surgery date 2 weeks prior to my surgery I just had mine on the 20th of Dec. I was very nervous as well and yes being on here has really helped me there is soo much support on here
So I wish you the best of luck and here for the support
Angel
moe143m
on 12/25/11 6:26 am - IL
RNY on 01/10/12
I agree 100% on your post. You and I have the same surgery date, and I am also a bit nervous and scared. I just went through open heart surgery in July and was less scared and nervous about that procedure. This forum has beeen very helpful to me. I just want to thank everyone for all the wonderful information that you have given me at this time. I'm sure I will be full of questions as I go deeper into this journey. Thank you again, and have a very Merry Christmas and a healthful New Year.
Liz J.
on 12/25/11 7:34 am - Woonsocket, RI
Hi! Welcome. I cant tell you how much info and comfort this site has given me.

After you have your surgery.. Remember, everytime you get up it gets easier.

Keep comming back! and Good luck!
Nana1953
on 12/25/11 8:58 am
RNY on 01/10/12
 Thanks for the support!!!
moe143m
on 12/25/11 2:22 pm - IL
RNY on 01/10/12
Thanks Liz for the warm welcome. It's a sure thing that I will be back, my surgery is Jan. 10th. I'm slowly approching the big day. I still need to get my pre-op blood work and my upper GI done ( oh what fun )take care and be well.

Most Active
Recent Topics