complications

anik19
on 12/25/11 9:53 am - Canada
 So everyone, I was wondering if any of you's have ever ended up having to get a g-tube due to complications and not being able to eat. I have had 2 strictures and an ulcer and now have a g-tube due to severe nausea and the odd vomitting. Anyone else have these issues? I had surgery August 18 2011 and im just ready to start feeling better now. I am now on the psychiatrict floor of my local hopistal due to all of the complications leading to depression as well. Any Suggestions???? HELP!!!!!
Anik B
Surgery date: August 18 2011
Surgeon: Dr David Starr 

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/25/11 10:34 am - OH
 I'm so sorry to hear that you are having such trouble.  Have you not been able to eat normally at all since surgery?

I did not have any trouble eating or drinking, no strictures, ulcers, etc., but had a g-tube for 2.5 weeks after my open RNY.  

I hope you get this resolved soon!  Hang in there.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

(deactivated member)
on 12/25/11 11:40 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Sorry to hear you are having such severe problems. 

My surgeon had me use Prilosec OTC for the first six weeks post-op, which really controlled the nausea.

As to ulcers, those are caused by the H. Pylori bacteria;  has your doctor checked for that?  It is controlled with antibiotics.

I hope you are able to go home soon,

Best wishes,
anik19
on 12/25/11 9:12 pm - Canada
I am still having issues with the eating and controlling the nausea. The dietian at the hospital now has me drinking milk and eating yogurt which i try everyday to have a bit of. February 18th i will be 6 months out and hoping to be better by then, that is my goal at this point. Before would be better but i know it wont happen overnight so im trying to be patient about it. Im really hoping when i go down for my 6 month check up they will be able to remove the g tube. 
Anik B
Surgery date: August 18 2011
Surgeon: Dr David Starr 

Carol M.
on 12/26/11 2:50 pm - TX
 If they have you drinking milk and eating yogurt, I hope you have been checked for and  found not to be lactose intolerant.  Nausea and vomiting are symptoms of lactose intolerance in some people.
Carol , East Texas
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 395 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 383 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 239 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 321 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 125 views