One week out and don't want to eat....bored

timetoloveme62
on 12/26/11 10:40 pm - VA
 I am one week out today, I feel good, very good...my problem is I don't want to eat.  I am on soft food stage, I can have tuna, seafood, eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese...but I just can't eat this food anymore, how do you make it taste better.  Can you change it up, spice it up, add things....I don't know what to do.   Right now I would perfer not to eat than rather than keep eating this.  I know this is the wrong attitude, and I am making myself eat but I would just like to know if there is a way to mix it up.

I also see people eat cheese and I can't find my list but I believe this was on it....can anyone verify this.  My Nut is out until next week.

Thank you for being patient with me...

poet_kelly
on 12/26/11 10:43 pm - OH
I don't know what was on your list. One week out, I was on pureed foods.  But if you can eat tuna and eggs, cheese should be OK too.

Add seasonings to your food to make it taste better.  How do you normally eat eggs, seafood, cottage cheese, etc?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

timetoloveme62
on 12/26/11 10:51 pm - VA
 Well that is the problem, normally I eat things with alot of spices...I love to cook.  But I forgot to ask the Nut is spices are ok.  Funny how all these questions come to mind AFTER you have the surgery.  I guess this is one downfall of having it during the holidays is people are on vacation...I can't be mad at them for that though.  

Truthfully I don't want food at all right now. I am still trying to get in all my liquids, protein drinks I have no problem with but my doctor wanted me eating the protein too.  Oh and he skips the purried stage altogether, he says after 15 yrs he is finding that the stoma does better if not babied too long.

Thanks 

poet_kelly
on 12/26/11 11:11 pm - OH
Well, I used spices and was fine with it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

DisneyLover
on 12/26/11 10:50 pm - WI
just because you are on soft foods doesn't mean they have to be bland.  Feel free to add seasonings as tolerated.

for me cheese in the solid form came with the more solid foods.  You could melt some in your eggs, I could do that.

Sarah

Barbara C.
on 12/26/11 11:14 pm - Raleigh, NC

Probably the biggest difference from one program to another is how they manage the dietary portion of their program, so what one program allows another does not. My program still had me on clear liquids for the first 3 to 4 weeks and then moved me to soft foods, but I never had pureed foods at all. What I'm trying to say is that it is very hard to get good recommendations from fellow OH members regarding what is okay on your program unless you run across someone else who has gone through the same program. For example, if your program does not yet allow cheese on your regimen, do not add it because you see someone else using it on their regimen until you get it cleared with your Nutritionist.

Even though you don't have an appointment with your Nutritionist until next week, I'd give them a call if you have questions and/or are struggling. This way you can get your questions answered by someone who understands the program guidelines your Dr has set out. 

However, regarding seasonings and spices, you should feel free to season foods as you would before, with the exception of fats of course. If you enjoyed spices before, you can still incorporate them into your meals now. 

Wishing you all the best,

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

marandaharper
on 12/27/11 12:49 am
I was told I could use any spices as long as they aren't hot like chili powder.
Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 0 replies · 4 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 291 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 337 views