I promised myself I wouldn't talk poop and yet....

timetoloveme62
on 12/29/11 4:57 am - VA
 I promised I wouldn't ask, I wouldn't talk about this but now I am desperate .  I am waiting on a call from Drs office.  I am 10 days out, still not eating much but getting my protein shakes in.  Fluids not a problem.  The problem is that I have severe diarrhea, nothing bu****er.  Is this normal?

myminime
on 12/29/11 5:01 am - Eugene, OR
I had the same problem, and I was convinced it'd never stop However, once I moved on to solid foods, I finally started getting back to normal. I still occasionally have issues, but I'd say I started on solid food just after two weeks, and by about 4 weeks it started getting better.

Good luck!
HW:  255  SW:  225.7  CW:  156.3

poet_kelly
on 12/29/11 5:01 am - OH
Yeah, early out some people have that.  I had it so bad for a few days early out that I could not get to the bathroom in time a few times.  Ick.  You may be able to take something for it, though, but check with your doc about what.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

wendydettmer
on 12/29/11 5:05 am - Rochester, NY
I noticed that a few days. I think it was due to too much artificial sweetener stuff in my protein shake. I stopped adding so much stuff and it stopped.

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

NancyL3
on 12/29/11 5:16 am - Derry, NH
 Im also 10 days out. I have the same thing. My only problem is getting the protein in, I can't do it I need to find another way.
Good luck.
Mary C.
on 12/29/11 5:28 am - NC
 I am also 10 days out and I am having the opposite.. I haven't even gone since the day before surgery!! Doctor says it will come but I am starting to get worried as well . I started taking stool softeners 3 days ago and still nothing. I am in no pain but still worry about it. The doctor said I haven't had enought "food" to go yet but I started soft foods 2 days ago and still nothing... Hopefully soon!
MochaPJ
on 12/29/11 8:08 am - CA
This happened to me as well. At first I thought I had become lactose intolerant, but it turned out to be the sugar content in my Gatorde G2. Take a close look at your intake. Since you don't have a lot of options right now, if it is something you're ingesting, it will be pretty easy to figure out with a little trial and error.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 0 replies · 3 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 291 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 336 views