wendydettmer
on 12/29/11 7:44 am - Rochester, NY
 I think it would be a good idea to have a sticky of a FAQ that a lot of post ops/preops are worried about.  Having been here just a few months I already see quite a few running themes.  I think they are valid concerns and things people wouild want to know about.

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

KatReDo
on 12/29/11 8:12 am
That is a great idea Wendy!
poet_kelly
on 12/29/11 9:05 am - OH
That would be great.  I actually have responses to several common questions saved on my computer and just copy and paste because I get too lazy to type out the same answers again and again.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/29/11 9:39 am - OH
That very thing has been suggested a number of times but apparently the powers that be at OH don't agree. I suspect it is a matter of the logistics of having someone from OH monitoring the responses to be sure that no bad information gets included (and the potential liabilities of NOT doing so).

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Cleopatra_Nik
on 12/29/11 10:53 am - Baltimore, MD
We HAVE one we did a few years back. Here's the link. We tried to get it stickied. No luck.

I ended up putting it on my Google docs. Feel free to cut and paste at will. Actually I think I'll do that right now:

https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AYKOGDDDmN2aZDVxdHJjel8wY zU1cHJmZDI&hl=en_US

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

wendydettmer
on 12/30/11 3:59 am - Rochester, NY
i love the faq you posted! Too bad they won't sticky it though

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11