drinking water

terriphillips417
on 12/29/11 2:00 am, edited 12/29/11 2:01 am - Graham, WA
Probably a stupid question.  Are you supposed to stop drinking water and wait 30 min after to drink when you have a protein drink or take supplements?

poet_kelly
on 12/29/11 2:01 am - OH
I don't think so.  I actually drink up until I start to eat, though.  There is no reason to stop drinking 30 minutes before eating.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

BWB
on 12/29/11 2:07 am
 The reason I was given for stopping the 30 min before is tha****er will make you feel full.  You need to get in your full meal for nurishment.  If you drink during and after you will, of course, wa**** on through.  

I am not clear about the protein snacks and supplements that we take.  It makes sense to cut back on the water then also.

poet_kelly
on 12/29/11 2:18 am - OH
I guess if drinking before a meal makes you feel too full, it does make sense to stop drinking.

But why does it make sense to stop drinking before supplements?  Or does drinking make you feel so full you can't even get supplements down?

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

terriphillips417
on 12/29/11 2:27 am - Graham, WA
I just didn't know.  Since my supplements are chewable am I washing them away if I drink after?  As far as drinking before I wondered if that was the rule regardless of what you're putting in your mouth..

poet_kelly
on 12/29/11 2:29 am - OH
If you drink after, you'll wash the supplements out of your pouch.  but that's OK.  You absorb them in the small intestine, not the pouch.  There's no need to keep them in the pouch.  You wanna keep food in your pouch so you don't get hungry again right after you eat but I'm assuming your supplements don't keep you full for long regardless.

terriphillips417
on 12/29/11 2:32 am - Graham, WA
Thanks Kelly, that makes sence.  Can I take supplemens with my protein drink? 

poet_kelly
on 12/29/11 2:33 am - OH
Sure can.

Tessie W.
on 12/29/11 3:48 am
Like Kelly I drink right up until my meal and I don't have any rules for when taking supplements.  I don't get a full feeling from liquids.  I do drink coffee as it kind of kills my appetite and this is a good thing for me!  :-)  But it's not because it fills me up - it just alters my sensors - lol.  Coffee also helps me "keep going".  I did not add coffee with caffeine until I was at 6 months.  The jury is actually chaging their thoughts on caffeine and beleive that it now does nto dehydrate you and you can count it toward your liquids- but opinions vary.

on 12/29/11 7:15 am - OR
 I also drink right up until I am going to eat, and honeslty sometimes WHEN I eat. But I don't have the issue with feeling overly full ever or feeling hungry ever so its not an issue for me and its only occasional