Surgery date approaching....starting to get nervous

(deactivated member)
on 1/1/12 10:04 pm
Hi Jan, My heart aches for you at the loss of your sisters.

I had my RNY on 11-21-11 I am right at six weeks out and have lost around 35 pounds, depends who's scales I am on. LOL.

The morning of my surgery I had a small panic attack. I wasn't afraid of the surgery. I think I was afraid of the failing afterwards. After all I had failed at every other "diet" for so many years. I was up and walking within a couple of hours of surgery. Still had a few issues with "panic".  Day two was sipping protein and water and lots of walking. The more walking the better, keeps the gas bubbles away. I had very little pain at this point. Come home late afternoon on day two. Went to bed and woke up with a horrible panic attach. I went through the house turning on every light, I just felt like everything was closing in on me. Come to find out it was because of one of the medications they had taken me off of the week before surgery. 

I am six weeks out, no more panic attacks. My legs and knees are not hurting near as bad as before. I jogged 1 1/2 miles yesterday. Yipppeeee. Who would have thought that would ever happen. Today I put on a shirt that I haven't worn in two years. And when I left the house this morning my husband said that I was the most beautiful girl he has ever seen.

I know I still have a long way to go, but this WLS has just made me feel so much better about myself. I want to get up, I want to shower, I want to eat my breakfast (even if it's still soft foods). I want to take a walk, I want to clean my house, Take care of things that have been put off for so long. I want MY life to be better.

I will say a prayer for you, that God gives you the strength and peace of mind to do whatever is best for YOU. Because right now you are number one!

Blessings for a great New Year

Pam
hopes42morrow
on 1/2/12 12:30 pm - OH
RNY on 01/25/12
Hi Pam,
Wow, those panic attacks sound awful. That must of been terrible for you. Glad to hear that they are done and overworth for you. Sounds like you have a great supportive husband. I too am lucky to have a great hubby to support me and cheer me on! Good for you jogging a mile and a half! Whoo-hoo!!!
I cant wait till I can say I can do the same. I want my life to be better too and I know now that it will be! Thanks for the prayers. I'll send some your way as well!

~Jan
kathy_jean
on 1/1/12 10:04 pm - PA
RNY on 01/16/12
Hi Jan
So sorry to hear of all your losses. I too have lost a sibling recently. My dear little brother (47)had a major stoke then a major heart attack in February after having 2 stents put in. I have been in a daze for the last year from it. You can't describe the feeling of loss for a sibling. It's like putting a hole in your heart. My surgery is coming up on Jan 16. and like you I am nervous but I am so excited to be healthy again at the same time. We are going to get through this. I am going to ask to be your friend, if you want we can lean on each other.
Kathy
hopes42morrow
on 1/2/12 12:38 pm - OH
RNY on 01/25/12
Hi Kathy,
Sorry to hear about your little brother.You are right, it is like having a hole put in your heart when you lose a sibling.
So your surgery is on the 16th huh? Did you see in the response to my post from Jen*****y that her surgery is on the 16th too? That is also the day that I go for all of my pre-op testing. We will all have to be praying for each other right? lol! Cant wait to hear how everything goes for you! I'll be thinking of you!

~Jan
Most Active
Recent Topics