2 weeks post-op, only 8 pounds lost

kayleighs_mommy
on 1/3/12 12:27 am
Maybe I'm expecting too much, but I'm kind of bummed I've only lost 8 pounds so far. (since my surgery... I lost a bit pre-op)  I keep telling myself that at an average of 3 pounds a month I would lose 150 in a year, but I guess I expected more.  This is partly because 4 years ago when I was banded I lost 13 pounds the first week!!!!

canigetthattogoplease.blogspot.com

RNY 12/20/2011

(deactivated member)
on 1/3/12 12:45 am
Don't get discouraged. Just follow the doctors guidelines and you will lose the weight.

Good Luck

Pam
wvugal89
on 1/3/12 12:50 am - MD

Remember you are healing and it takes time. make sure to get your protein in and walk. I am taking 40 minute walks every day and it feels good and helps alot! be patient!

Teri-Lynn
POI

(deactivated member)
on 1/3/12 12:59 am - NJ
You are a revision; and you will lose slower than a virgin WLS.  I am a revision from the band as well, so you are doing great losing 8 pounds in the first two weeks!

That was about all I lost with the band - I had it for 8 months.  Revising was the best thing ever!
leelee78
on 1/3/12 1:40 am - AL
I know how you feel. I am two weeks post-op and have lost 9 lbs, but I did lose 17 pounds doing the 2 week pre-op liquid diet. I was thinking that I should have lost more but then I think, I have lost 26 pounds in less than a month. We can't get discouraged. We have to just take one day at a time and in no time the weight will come off.
WoodsonArcher
on 1/3/12 1:49 am - TX
That would be 16 pounds in a month, not too shabby !!! I know of 1 million folks on Weigh****chers that would be thrilled to trade results with you. Keep up the good work and congrats !!!

taylorwayzz
on 1/3/12 3:57 am - MI
I agree, as long as you follow the guidelines and get your protein in you will do great!!! good luck!!!
 Lynnette