17 months post op

Lindsey82
on 1/2/12 1:07 pm
I just realized today that I haven't posted or even looked at this site in almost two months, just been too busy living I guess! I had my surgery July 30, 2010 and as of today, weighed 158. I went from a size 28 to a size 8/10 and am off all of my medications! (I was on 9 of them pre RNY)
I am working full time between substitute teaching and nannying three small children, which I definetly did not have the energy to do pre RNY. I no longer hate food, but look at food as a way to fuel my body with energy. (this isn't to say that I'm not tempted to eat things I should avoid from time to time)
I went to my OBGYN last week, and got the go ahead to get pregnant because I am now healthy enough to have a healthy pregnancy, which was definetly not the case when I weighed 333 pounds. I have been married almost 6 years, and my husband and I are thrilled with the news, and are hoping and praying that we can get pregnant quickly. 
RNY was the absolute best decision I have ever made. I am a better wife, daughter, sister, friend, and hopefully soon to be mommy because of it. I am embracing life, whereas I use to avoid it.
I just want to encourage the newbies or those considering this surgery to hang in there when things get hard, and to not give up because the work you are putting into getting healthy is so worth every amount of effort you are putting forth.
I am posting a before and updated pic url address and hopefully they work. Thanks for being such a wonderful support to me throughout this entire process. This site is amazing and I am so blessed to have found it. 

http://images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/932890/albums/ 100786/OH%20Pic.jpg 
size 28, 333 pounds, pre RNY

http://images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/932890/albums/ 100786/skinny-obh.jpg 
size 8/10, 158 pounds 17 months post op RNY

Coach2012
on 1/2/12 1:17 pm
Thank you so much for posting this, and congratulations on all your hard work and success! You look absolutely stunning, beautiful, and so skinny!! You are such an inspiration to me, as I am having RNY in only a few short months. Your post reassured me a lot. I know it's the right decision for me deep down but sometimes I get nervous and question it, so I'm glad to read that things worked out well for you. Keep up the great work!
xtine
on 1/2/12 1:26 pm - San Jose, CA
Glad to hear you are doing so well! You look fantastic!!

HW: 295 / SW: 273 / CW: 169.4 / GW: 140 / Dream Goal: 120
Height: 5'3.5"  -  *22lbs of my weightloss was lost pre-surgery.

Reel
on 1/2/12 2:12 pm
 Great inspiring story!

dasie
on 1/2/12 5:27 pm
Congratulations on your great success, and best wishes to you and your husband.

MultiMom
on 1/2/12 9:01 pm - NH
 You're gonna be one hot Momma!!! 

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

Lindsey82
on 1/3/12 10:00 am
Thanks so much for the encouragement friends! It means so much to me, and your support helps me through this process!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 463 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 438 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views