average time between pre op NUT appointment and surgery?

pitablond
on 1/6/12 7:07 am - Harrisburg, PA
Hey guys!  My hubby has his pre-op appointment with his nutritionist on Thursday.  I'm sure all doctors are different...but I was wondering if you remember how long it took to get a surgery date?  Thanks in advance!

~*Ashley*~ Highest weight: 330ish   Current weight: 198

wendydettmer
on 1/6/12 7:09 am - Rochester, NY
My whole process from The informational seminar until the surgery date was 5 months.

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

pitablond
on 1/6/12 7:15 am - Harrisburg, PA
Dang, that was fast!  He had to do a 6 month supervised diet, counseling, then gall badder U/S and just had a endoscopy done.  This NUT appt is his last step before surgery. 

Erin M.
on 1/6/12 7:23 am - VA
 I feel really lucky because from my intial seminar to surgery was right at 2 months. Has all of his stuff been submitted to insurnace? My dr doesnt usuaally schedule surgery dates until they have gotten approval from insurance. 
HW 325
SW 310
GW 175

So ready to start my new life !!!!

pitablond
on 1/6/12 9:53 am - Harrisburg, PA

Yep, he did get the insurance approval letter.  I guess it will just be a waiting game until next week.  We were just trying to plan things and make sure we are ready. 

Erin M.
on 1/6/12 10:50 am - VA
 Well congratulations then!!! At least the hardest waiting game is over. I would think in that case they will schedule his surgery as soon as that appt is over. Hopefully they arent booked out too far. I would think he should get whatever their next available surgery is. Good luck to both of you on this journey! I am only about a month out but I honestly have no regrets and I feel like its the best decision I've ever made. It's awesome that he has you for support! 
HW 325
SW 310
GW 175

So ready to start my new life !!!!

pitablond
on 1/7/12 3:10 am - Harrisburg, PA
Thank you!  I know that I have done better than average with my band (or so the doc says) and now I want him to do the same for himself.   He has seen me through my stuck episodes and been there for my mood swings when he would push away the chocolate cake.  lol  I am anal about getting as much info that I can so Im glad that you guys have been so helpful on this board. 

tahoelady1958
on 1/6/12 11:02 am - reidsville, NC
RNY on 01/16/12
i know all clinics are different, but, i already had my surgery date when i went to the NUT for my preop diet...

Rita

pitablond
on 1/7/12 3:12 am - Harrisburg, PA
Wow!  Thanks...and good luck on your upcoming surgery!