Torani flavoring

Katie K.
on 1/10/12 1:04 am - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
I bought some Torani flavoring to put in my shakes. It says to use a splash. Any idea how much a splash is? I don't want to make my drink disgusting.
EthelMae
on 1/10/12 1:35 am - MD
Start with a small amount (use the cap or a teaspoon) and add flavor to taste.

~Barb
Highest - 279 (08/2009)     Program Weight - 256 (03/10)  Surgery Weight - 232 (05/24/11)     

Jamie B.
on 1/10/12 3:19 am - MI
I use 2 teaspoons in a 6 oz yogurt or shake...works most of the time, some flavors (raspberry) I use 3.
Jamie        
Katie K.
on 1/10/12 3:30 am - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
I thought about getting raspberry. What do you put it in?
Jamie B.
on 1/10/12 3:36 am - MI
I was eating a Chobani greek yogurt as my after dinner snack...I never got hungry at night after that. HOWEVER...my nutritionist informed me that the Greek yogurts with fruit have wayyy to much sugar, even if the protein is so good. (I do not dump, so it never bothered me).

So, I had to give up the fruit Greek yogurt and switch to plain...which was gross. So I add 2 teaspoons of the raspberry torani and its yummy again!! 

I stopped eating it all together at first...and started getting hungry at night!! So for anyone having late hunger issues...eat Greek yogurt, it might work! 
Jamie        
Jamie B.
on 1/10/12 3:37 am - MI
Oh! And a couple teaspoons of raspberry mixed into a vanilla shake is good too! 
Jamie        
Katie K.
on 1/10/12 3:46 am - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
My doctor doesn't believe in RNY. I asked him if we could at least do the 6-month supervised diet required by my insurance. Right now the carbs in the light yogurt aren't bad for me. I saw somewhere on here where someone said they eat the yogurt with just a taste of the fruit from the bottom.
Katie K.
on 1/10/12 3:29 am - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
I had Unjury Chocolate Splendor. I don't think any additional flavoring could have made that taste good. I put a little Hazelnut flavor in it but it just didn't help. I had the strawberry flavor yesterday and it was really good. I thought it would be the other way around. Tomorrow is vanilla, with possibly caramel flavoring.