Hot Mess!

ashli H.
on 1/10/12 2:27 pm - NY
 Lately i have had the urge to eat more frequently than before and when i do give into the urge it alsways something small and protein based. Is this normal? I am 7 months out and have been working out (not as frequently).
Also, the scale has now become my worst enemy. On Sunday, I weighed 175 lbs. when I weighed in the morning and on Tuesday i was 178 lbs. How int he hell is it possible for me to gain 3 pounds when i'm doing what i am suppose to do?  SO i have decided to not get discouraged and hide the scale and just focus on losing the weight which I am losing very slowly :( 
Some words of encouragement would be nice :) Thanks Guys !

Sw: 241 Weight on SD: 221 GW: 130        
Hattie T.
on 1/10/12 2:46 pm - Denver, CO
One member here was advised by her doctor to eat a small meal every 2 hours when she became tempted to graze. Nothing in between the 2 hours. And, yes, the scale can get to you. I only weigh on Sunday.
Htaylor46     HW 412, SW 386, CW 309, GW 190      
(deactivated member)
on 1/10/12 3:32 pm, edited 1/10/12 3:32 pm - Canada

if you do choose to hide the scale - make sure it isn't for more than a week at a time - so you remain aware.  I had times like that where I would gain weight a couple pounds here and there - remember us gals at certain times of the month can retain  a lot of water and be bloated. You should be dropping tha****er weight though, as soon as the "time" is over.

Don't be discouraged - it will come off and when I got to 180 I found my weight loss really slowed down dramatically - it was 1 pound a week if I was lucky. I don't know if there is any science behind why - but I've heard over and over again that it becomes harder  - it doesn't melt off like the early days for some.

Hang in there - sounds like you're doing everything right. Give it some time  :o) oh and about the snacking thing - Lisa on the board told me about the every 2 hour rule - and it sounds like it works. I'm trying it right now myself - so far so good !

Ladytazz
on 1/10/12 4:18 pm
It seems right around six months you are able to eat more.  That is also when the weight loss typically slows down.  It sounds like you are right on track.  What I do is plan my meals and snacks.  I also eat every 2 to 3 hours.  Because the stomach is so small it seems like it would be normal to be hungry more often since we aren't taking in that much food.  Also, the closer you are to your goal the slower the weight comes off.
I weigh myself everyday but I know that weight can often fluctuate wildly, even up to 5 pounds in one day.  If I show a gain of a few pounds and I know I haven't eaten enough calories to account for that gain I just chalk it up to water weight.  I only count my weight on Sundays so the rest of the week is just for my own curiosity.  It wouldn't kill me to only weigh once a week but I am nosy.  I suppose as I get more secure about this whole thing I will eventually weigh myself less often.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

dasie
on 1/10/12 11:41 pm
The farther out you are the more changes you experience.  Yes, your appetite will increase, and you will be able to eat more.  It is important to follow your plan, measure and not overeat.  There are some days I feel like oh gosh...I can eat so much.  Then I will wake up the next day and have extreme restriction still...that gives me comfort, and it reminds me to not overeat.  At 26 months out I still feel like I have great restriction, but some days I am hungrier than other days.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 395 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 384 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 251 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 322 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics