Food protein suggestions?

Erin M.
on 1/13/12 10:40 am - VA
 I feel like I have been living on chicken, mini babybel  cheeses, Greek yogurt, and recently edamame. I am getting bored but I am having I hard time finding good high protein/ low carb foods. Any suggestions? I am not a fan of seafood and eggs upset my stomach :( thanks in advance for any suggestions. 
Erin
HW 325
SW 310
GW 175

So ready to start my new life !!!!

abby04276
on 1/13/12 11:03 am
I am at the soft food stage. I made lean beef in a crockpot with some spices ang carrots and potatoes. I only ate a few teaspoons of the veggies so the carbs aren't bad. But you could put any vegetable that gets mushy. I was a nice change from chicken. I am going to try pulled pork withput barbeque sauce next.
Sunnygurl
on 1/13/12 11:16 am - VA
RNY on 02/28/12
Be careful with the BBQ sauce...  some of it may have sugar...  otherwise...  it sounds yummy...  enjoy...

Michelle E.
on 1/13/12 11:34 am
Refried beans topped with cheese, Tofu, any kind of beans(black beans, kidney, etc), stewed beef (cooked in crock pot for hours), Cottage cheese, Veggie burgers, Ricotta cheese topped with tomato sauce and parmesan in the oven

Michelle
Darcy S.
on 1/13/12 11:43 am - Clinton, CT
I just made Ricotta low fat in a ramikin with sauce & low fat shredded cheese and baked it in my toaster oven. It was delicious!

Ive also had Lentil soup & from the soy / tofu product section near the bagged lettuce st stop & shop was smart food chili! High in protein too! Also isopure drinks which have 40g of protein. I add orange crystal like to make it taste better!

Good luck & thanks for asking, I'm hoping to get more ideas too.

Decision made weight 265  SW 249 CW 153  9/4/12 next goal 145lbs  OMG                                

grmadeb01
on 1/13/12 11:44 am - FL
take different pizza toppings that you like, turkey pepperoni, regular pepperoni, italian sausage crumbles, beef crumbles, onions, i have used all of the above you could put or add what ever else you like too..i chopped them up pretty small...i add what ever cheeses i have on hand at the time, grated parm, cheddar, grated mozz....add in some garlic seasoning, italian seasoning, oreagno..stir all up in a bowl, then line cookie sheet with some parchment paper, put globs of mixture and melt, we like ours kinda crispy around the edges...but once melted a cooled just abit, you can pick them up...waalaa..pizza chips...all the pizza stuff with out the crust...myu hubby likes to dunk them in pizza sauce, i just eat them plain...i have also had them cold...just like cold pizza....just keep it light on the seasonings as the last batch, i got a bit much..
debby
poet_kelly
on 1/13/12 11:50 am - OH
Beans, roasted chickpeas, cottage cheese, soy milk, tofu, skim milk, veggie burgers, vegetarian chili (I make it with soy crumbles instead of ground beef), and of course other meats like turkey, ground beef, etc.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

xtine
on 1/13/12 1:08 pm - San Jose, CA
Edamame

HW: 295 / SW: 273 / CW: 169.4 / GW: 140 / Dream Goal: 120
Height: 5'3.5"  -  *22lbs of my weightloss was lost pre-surgery.

mkhardee
on 1/14/12 12:08 am - NC
I've become a huge bean fan.  Last night I rinsed a can of black beans and heated them with a can of original Rotel + half can of water.  Then I nuked a low carb/low fat wrap (3g fat, 2g sugar and 13g protein!) sprinkled a little reduced fat shredded cheese in the middle, added a large spoon of rotel/bean mixture, topped with a bit of taco sauce and 0% fage yogurt as my sour cream. folded the ends of the wrap and then over and voila!  I dunno what to call it but it was dag'on good!  

Windim
on 1/14/12 5:22 am - Fountain City, WI
check out Bariatric Foodie and The World According to Eggface. Both sites are on FB and have their own blogs and have literally hundreds of recipe ideas for all levels. I promise you wont be disappointed.

Most Active
Recent Topics