RNY Gone Wrong

Ashley G.
on 1/25/12 7:44 am - VA
I will elaborate much more later... but now for: I had my surgery on December 19th and had MANY complications. I was in surgery for almost 9 hours and after 3 discharges/admittances and 19 days total in the hospital... I'm finally on the road to recovery. I've been out of the hospital almost 2 weeks and I had my feeding tube removed yesterday at my doctor's appointment. I've moved onto stage 3 diet and looking forward to my body healing and getting back to work. I have lost over 50 lbs (in like one month - crazy, I know, right?!!?) I'm having trouble getting my protein and vitamins in... but I'm sure it will all come with time. Anyway... just wanted to update. Love, prayers, and God bless.

Oh, and I just want to say: I have the best husband ever. He never left me once while in the hospital unless someone else was there to stay with me. How did I ever get so blessed?
walterswife
on 1/25/12 7:54 am
Wow what an ordeal.  That's alot of weight for a month and a very difficult way to lose it.

I am happy you are feeling better.  It's great that you have such a positive attitude.  Your husband sounds like one in a million.

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

Steen16
on 1/25/12 7:57 am - Cape Coral, FL
Prayers for a speedy recovery! And it already looks like the Good Lord has sent someone to be right there with you. You are blessed!!
Highest ever: 297
Pre-Op: 272 (height: 5' 7")
As of November 3rd: 159 (6 BELOW goal!!!!)
Goal: 165 
Pants size: 10  Shirt size: M

(deactivated member)
on 1/25/12 8:06 am
Ashley, I am so sorry you had such a hard time. Will certianly say a prayer for continued recovery. 
Aren't awesome husbands just wonderul. 

Pam
Kelly L.
on 1/25/12 8:32 am - San Jacinto, CA
So happy to hear you are back on track.. best of luck to you

HW 274. CW 129

Kaysmommy
on 1/25/12 8:47 am - Silver City, NM
What an ordeal.  I understand completely what you are going through.   I had been in about 30 days in 2 months from a VSG gone really bad and finally had to have an RNY to correct everything, and 2 months on a feeding tube sure is no fun.  I never want to have to stay in the hospital again.  I hope you are feeling much better, and just concentrate on recovering, and feeling better.  All the fluids do come in time, same with the vitamins.   You got thrown off your game with all your complications, and just take it easy getting back to your everyday life.  It took me about a month to start feeling better after everything.  Just laying in a hospital does take a toll on your body that is for sure.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Ladytazz
on 1/25/12 8:54 am
I hope your problems are over and it's smooth sailing from now on.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

timetoloveme62
on 1/25/12 9:15 am - VA
 I am so glad to hear that you are finally on the uptake of this...I pray your healing continues fast.  Keep us informed.  

That is a wonderful husband you have, you must have done something right to deserve him.
Kasey319
on 1/25/12 9:30 am
 This story totally scares the life out of me. My surgery is scheduled for Monday and Im terrified!!!  
1Haute Diva
on 1/25/12 9:39 am - Fort Stewart, GA
RNY on 03/20/12
 Sounds like you've been through an awful ordeal but your one lucky woman to have such a great hubby by your side.   So glad you're on the road to recovery!
- Shaw

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 358 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 328 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 186 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 112 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?