surgery was the 19th

gmdelacruz09
on 1/26/12 11:22 am
 ok so here goes i'm going crazy w/ these liquid diets grrrrrrrrr. im not getting in enough protein or water but I have no desire to drink anything and protein shake taste good ... im so upset im eating soups and popsicles but there is no good in that.....advice please... oh and yeah im only a week out is it okay to be sleeping on my stomach ....help ?................
pattymac65
on 1/26/12 11:29 am
 What's your surgeon's plan?  I was on broth for 2 weeks after surgery.  Didn't concentrate on protein until later.  I couldn't sleep on my stomach until probably 6 weeks.  But that wasn't because it was good or bad for me, I couldn't because it hurt too much.
gmdelacruz09
on 1/26/12 11:32 am
 ya 3wk liquid diet ...... and I just dont know whats normal anymore....normal was b4 surgery now I just dont know........ :(

lovelife39
on 1/26/12 11:51 am
im  10 days out from surgery and thought it was best news ever yesterday when i was told soft foods and peanut butter crackers.    im not sure what normal is and havent been able to sleep on my stomach either !  hurts to bad !   you should contact the dietician in your health care team.   you can add unflavored protein powder to those soups and they can tell u how much to add also..   good luck to you ! 
Alana_says_hi
on 1/26/12 2:38 pm
RNY on 01/18/12
I had RNY on 1-18-2012 and hate it as well!! liquid diet two weeks before and after. Check with your surgen or nutritionist. I was able to start puree when confortable which was just in the last few two days. Im not sure about you but I feel like im attached to the water and protien bottles. I was so worried to try anything thicker then soup which im sick of :) I like the Sugar free pudding it a little thicker. also I can now have very thin instant oatmeal which has some flavor,(just can eat the raisons) I miss chewing and sugar free gum has helped. I make yummy meals for my family and cant eat them It bites but i know it will be worth it later. I try to avoid the kitchen so I dont think about it. I hate water byt crystal light helps. I also have to keep busy so I dont dwell on what I cant have. Hang in there just a little longer and we can have real food. And by sumer we will look awsome !!
Alana :)
Alana_says_hi
on 1/26/12 2:42 pm
RNY on 01/18/12
oh sleeping on your stomach is fine as long as its not painfull :) My left side was tender so I wedged a soft pillow on that side and it helped. Not sure about you but I have not slept well at all since my surgery. I have very minor pain at this point so its not that not sure if its has to due with anesthesia maybe or diet ?
Alana :)
takqia1
on 1/26/12 9:35 pm
It gets better in time I slept on my stomach proped up with pillows early out it was hard to get out of that position but I can't sleep on my back at all.
I didn't worry about proteins until my 3rd week but they have unflavored that you can add to your soups if that interests you.
Also I liked SF Carnation Instant Breakfast early out it was chocolate and yummy.
Not to mention puddings and Jellos. The SF selection of pudding amaze me some of them are way yummy and you can add protein to them also.
I didnt hang out in puree land much I just chewed really well and created some great shake recipes.
Also if you're tired of broth try Auju for french dips I loved the stuff.
    Nothing tastes as good as skinny will feel.         
Arieschick33
on 1/26/12 10:45 pm - Lusby, MD
RNY on 01/17/12
I would say if you are comfortable sleeping on your stomach, go for it. My surgery was the 17th and I have a hard time due to pain even sleeping on my side! For the diet, I too am tired of the soups and popsicles but check with your nutrionist. Mine also allows egg whites, refried beans, light and fit yogurt. I know I'm not gettin enought protein, they want 60g a day! Can't wait to have a piece of "normal healthy food" ! You are not alone!