2 More Surgeries?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Carla M.
on 1/26/12 6:27 am
RNY on 02/21/11 with

Oh goodness! Where to even begin....

This time last year, my BF was telling me that I'll have my surgery and I'll be good as new. He even told me,"Next year around this time, you'll be a whole new woman." Well, I'm a whole new woman getting ready to have 2 more surgeries. Ugh!

I guess I should fill you in on what's happening.

I had the RNY surgery to alleviate symptoms, and hopefully fix, problems that I was having with my liver. Fast forward 11 months and I've had 13 hospital stays, an ulcer that stuck around for almost 6 months, countless dilations (5 or 6, I lost count), and I STILL have the same issues that I had BEFORE the surgery and then some. I'm not saying it's all been bad. Believe me, it's been good too. I've had my fun. I have now been diagnosed with Papillary Stenosis. Not that major really, until you have RNY. Then it's 2 surgeries to fix the problem. They're just trying to figure out their next move since my bowels have stopped working since I got back from surgery. No gurgles, no movement, no amount of Mirilax, dulcolax, MoM, or enemas are moving these bowels. Just on liquids, again, and pain meds to keep me comfortable until they decide what to do next...surgery or something else first.

One of these days......I'm gonna feel great. I just know it.

momsal
on 1/26/12 6:49 am - PA
WOW  SO SO SORRY!!
Carla M.
on 1/26/12 12:00 pm
RNY on 02/21/11 with
Thank you. Trying to stay positive through the whole process. I just have some times that I have to vent my frustration.
Carla M.
on 1/26/12 6:57 am
RNY on 02/21/11 with

I meant that they've stopped working since I got back from vacation. I was rushed to the ER by squad 4 hours after my plane landed because I had a bout of acute pancreatits due to the papillary stenosis. Now my bowels won't work.

Sorry everyone....just needed to vent. It seems like, just as I start to feel okay, something else goes wrong. It's all gonna be good though. Just having a pity party kinda evening.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/26/12 7:48 am - OH
Wow... so sorry to hear that your "adventures" are not over.  You have had SO many issues... but you SEEM to be holding up well (as good as can be expected) psychologically....

Hang in there.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Carla M.
on 1/26/12 11:56 am
RNY on 02/21/11 with
Thanks. I used to joke that this poor body of mine just wasn't made for long term use, but I was gonna enjoy it while I had it. Just seems that I DON'T enjoy it more than I do nowadays. I'm looking at it as positively as I can...a means to an end. Not happy about the open incision, but what's one more. I've had several surgeries on my belly, so one more scar won't make much difference I guess. I just wish they could take off that extra skin when they are sewing me back up! Give me a little bonus for all this yuckiness!
Mia H.
on 1/26/12 8:59 am - OH
 Oh vent away Carla!   ((((Hugs))))  I hate to hear that you are going through all of this again.  Hang in there.  Hopefully, you'll feel better soon and I'll see you at the support group. 

Carla M.
on 1/26/12 11:58 am
RNY on 02/21/11 with
Thanks Mia! Hoping that I'll make the next meeting and won't be in a surgery! I hope everything's going great with you!
Most Active