Food Meltdown

hellokittycrazee
on 1/27/12 5:19 pm - NJ

I had a BAD WEEK....and that meant I fell right back into old habits.  I'm so annoyed with myself because now I'm really struggling get back to eating the way I should. 

My mom had a heart attack (she's fine now), and it was my son's 19th birthday and I couldn't see him cuz he's in Ohio for college.  The worst part was my best friend's 38th birthday would have been Thursday.  Her and her mom were killed in a car accident last year and her birthday is extremely hard for me. 

On top of all that I have my normal 70-80 hour work week AND we're in the middle of moving. 

I feel fat and bloated and miserable because of all the crap I've eaten, but that's not stopping me.  I need steps to take to get back on track....if anyone can help, my jeans and I would really appreciate it!!!

Thanks,

Meg

dasie
on 1/27/12 8:06 pm
Hi...you're dealing with alot right now.

When I get off track, I make myself weigh, make myself see what is happening if I do not respond to whatever is happening.  I weigh everyday anyway, but I have a tendency to stick my head in the sand and try to stay off the scale.  When I catch myself not wanting to weigh, I force myself even more.  Like one 5 year post op vet wrote over one year ago...."do not let 5 pounds turn into 50." 

I'm battling a few pounds now.  I know what to do because I've been doing it over 26 months.  You do to.  Go back to your plan, and eep coming to this site...that helps me alot.  You have alot of upheaval in your life right now, but things will get back to normal.

Mallory R.
on 1/27/12 8:36 pm - Greenville, NC
RNY on 01/18/12
I am sorry you are having a tough time of it Meg.  Just take one day at a time and YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Mallory Dawn        
lastchanceslim46
on 1/27/12 10:09 pm
Look at your old pictures and remember how you felt when you were heavy.  Remember to put yourself on the list.  Hoping you will get over this hurdle sooon!
Teresa B.
on 1/27/12 10:55 pm - Waxahachie, TX
I wrote an almost exact post yesterday.  We can do it.   Like someone told me...tomorrow's another day.  Good luck!!

Day_dream_believer
on 1/27/12 11:30 pm
I am sorry about everything you are going through.  Allow yourself sometime to grieve.  I personally find taking a walk helps to clear my mind.  It doesn't have to be for exercise, but a slow one where you can think, pray, cry, and scream at the world.  Stop worrying about what you have eaten the past few days.  That is over and there is no point beating yourself up over it.  Clear your house of all your trigger foods and fill it with healthy ones. 

Tell yourself you are going to do this for  today.  Do not worry about tomorrow, but today eat healthy and exercise.  Tomorrow do the same thing. Before you know it you will be back into your routine of eating right.

BWB
on 1/28/12 12:57 am
You can't undo what you did last week but you can remember how upset you are about it and be determined not to repeat it. I think it helps to write down a new plan and post it at your desk or on the refrigerator for example.
Sorry about the cir****tances and hope you can recover ASAP.

poet_kelly
on 1/28/12 1:14 am - OH
Step 1 - clean out the kitchen!  Get rid of the crap.  You won't eat it if it's not there.  You're too busy, you don't have time to run to the store every time you want to eat crap.  So don't keep it in the house and make it easy for yourself.

Step 2 - Make a meal plan for today.  It will only take you a few minutes.  Write down what you're going to eat for meals and snacks and stick it on your fridge or somewhere that you'll see it before you grab something to eat.

Step 3 - Do something nice for yourself.  You're going through a rough time right now.  You want to comfort yourself with food.  Find some other way to comfort yourself.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cookietea
on 1/28/12 1:52 pm
I was just telling some one this week that one of the great advantages to having the surgery is that in the past when I was 'dieting', the mentality was if I fell 'off the wagon' I had screwed up and so I might as well eat what I wanted.  Now if I have a bad day, tomorrow my stomach is still going to be small and I can start over.

I too still find that emotional stress still triggers that 'eat to feel better' syndrome.  I just don't buy stuff that is going to  tempt me.  I keep  Ghirardeli 60% choc chips in the freezer and treat myself  to a couple tablesppons with a tablespoon of dried cranberries.  It is very satisfying.  I also have those 100 calorie micro popcorn things for crunchy/salty cravings.

Treat yourself like a Loreal commerical and keep telling yourself You are Worth It!