Those who do b12 shots

boneswag
on 1/28/12 5:29 am
I do it in my belly.

Sunbunnyqt
on 1/28/12 6:12 am, edited 1/28/12 6:12 am - FL
My husband injects me in the back part of my arm. Now I'm wondering if this is a good place. He also gave me the blood thinner shots right after the surgery in my belly so I am anxious to find out if there is a optimal body part to use.

iowa_missie74
on 1/28/12 6:37 am - IA
Wow, so many ppl taking B12 injections. I was given this option or to double my B12 vitamin. I chose to double the vitamin. Hopefully it will get it to where it needs to be by my 6month appt in March.
poet_kelly
on 1/28/12 7:13 am - OH
You're using a sublingual?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

autnur
on 1/28/12 8:14 am
I use sl too but I am only 8 days out. does this change if your levels do not stay up over time? Or what that just standing orders from your MD?  Thanks
poet_kelly
on 1/28/12 8:40 am - OH
It's usually just a matter of personal preference.  I prefer the shots.  I did not like the taste of the sublinguals and I only need shots once a week.  I find them more convenient.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

autnur
on 1/28/12 9:53 am
Thanks Kelly!
volky64
on 1/30/12 2:35 am

Kelly, are there different types??  my doc prescribed me a shot as well, but it's only once a month. it's 1,000 mcg/ml.  is that right?

poet_kelly
on 1/30/12 2:37 am - OH
That's the "standard dose."  I take them more often because my labs indicate I need them more often.  My B12 level was around 500 when I took them just once a month.  So when you get labs done, you'll see if once a month is often enough for you, and it might well be.

volky64
on 1/30/12 2:39 am
ahhhh. makes sense.  i have a script to get labs done.  i need to get them done one day this week hopefully.  i'm curious to see how they are.