UGH!!!!

strawberryblondie
on 1/28/12 11:37 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Oh My!!!  I ate too fast....in pain now!! 

Its hard for me to understand at this point (8 months out) how so many have gained the weight back after surgery.  As with many of us, this is a huge fear of mine.  Its just hard for me to imagine being able to eat that much again.  Currently, I am still losing a little here and a little there, at a very slow pace, and I'm happy with my progress.  Would be ok if I stopped losing at this point, but worried about rebounding. 

Anyway, I'm sure my persective will change as time goes on.  There was a time I couldn't imagine losing this much weight!!

Have a great day!

First visit with surgeon                            3/17/11
Cleared for surgery                                  4/29/11
Approved by insurance                            5/10/11
Surgery Date                                            5/24/11

poet_kelly
on 1/28/12 11:55 pm - OH
You'll probably be able to eat more at 18 months than you can right now.  But also, it's not just how much you eat, but what you eat.

If I ate a cup of ice cream for breakfast (which happens to be what my partner is eating for his breakfast right now), a slice of pizza for lunch, a slice of pizza for dinner, some more ice cream and some chips for snacks, can you see how many calories I might be getting?  not to mention no protein. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

lovelife39
on 1/29/12 12:07 am
lol... kelly that doesnt even sound good to me anymore...  my tiny pouch says if u gonna eat make it count.   i really do like not being hungry for the first time in my life.  i really like how you get your points across i have leaned alot just reading the posts . 
poet_kelly
on 1/29/12 12:11 am - OH
It might sound good again in the future.  Chances are you're gonna start feeling hungry at some point.  And the old cravings may very well come back.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/29/12 1:21 am - OH
 Mmmmmmm.... ice  cream....  

250 calories (more than half of which are fat!), 15g of fat, and 22g of sugar in a half cup.  Oh, yeah, and 2 measly grams of protein, LOL.  Yes, I have it memorized... it is my favorite sweet treat, but I eat less than 1/4C at a time... usually just a spoonful.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 391 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 403 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 118 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.