9 weeks out and still tired?

xtine
on 2/1/12 5:13 am - San Jose, CA
Is this normal? I am 9 weeks out this week and by midday I am so tired I feel like I need a nap. But I work full time and obviously can't just take a nap. Any suggestions?

HW: 295 / SW: 273 / CW: 169.4 / GW: 140 / Dream Goal: 120
Height: 5'3.5"  -  *22lbs of my weightloss was lost pre-surgery.

pumpkin77
on 2/1/12 5:21 am - Durham, NC
 I have the same problem but as with me I forget to drink my water LOL as soon as a get a few ozs of fluids in me I start to pick up again it's hard tho remembering as I get so busy at work also
Start weight 298  Surgery weight 265   

poet_kelly
on 2/1/12 5:22 am - OH
Are you getting enough protein?  Enough fluids?  Taking your vitamins?

You might wanna get your iron and B12 checked.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

xtine
on 2/1/12 6:52 am - San Jose, CA
I will have those checked. I have been drinking water like crazy since last week when I had to go get IV fluids. I am getting around 70 grams of protein on most days. I am good about my vitamins. Is it not very common for people to still be tired this far out?

HW: 295 / SW: 273 / CW: 169.4 / GW: 140 / Dream Goal: 120
Height: 5'3.5"  -  *22lbs of my weightloss was lost pre-surgery.

poet_kelly
on 2/1/12 6:59 am - OH
It's not unusual.  I think in many cases, it's at least in part due to those three things, though - fluids, protein and/or vitamins.  I know it does take a long to to recover from major surgery, though.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Celia S.
on 2/1/12 7:54 am - Grand Junction, CO
I don't really think it's uncommon. It can also be contributed to simply not getting very many calories. I notice on days that I fail to eat sufficiently are the days I drag the most.
BWB
on 2/1/12 11:40 am
I neglected my sleep pre-op but once I changed that bad habit I started feeling better. I'm 5 months out and am feeling great.
MONICASNEWLIFE
on 2/1/12 12:18 pm
ARE YOU GETTING ENOUGH PROTEIN? HOW ABOUT SLEEP?? I WENT THRU THIS ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO.. AND I NOTICED THAT ONCE I SWITCHED TO 100G OF PROTEIN FROM THE 60 I WAS GETTING I FELT MORE ENERGETIC ALSO I WENT TO BED EARLIER...NOW IM ONLY TAKING ABOUT 80G OF PROTEIN A DAY.. AND OF COURSE MY VITS...

BTW you look great i could see the diffence on your profile pic.. your face looks slimmer then the last profile pic you had up before..

i tried adding you again as a friend but since you profile is private i could not.. so if its ok with you can you send me a friends request..

i since our dr only does labs wor****il the fourth month you should consider going to your regular dr and have him do the tests.. im thinking of doing that once i hit 12 weeks. im only at 7 im also thinking of asking my dr to put in in b12 shots.. i used to give myself insulin shots when i was pregnant so it doesnt bother me much..

how are you feeling about out dr and the info we got from him and the staff.. he was great and so was the staff but coming here to this board and reading everyday what other people post i feel as if there was so much i did not know.. the good thing is we are learning and im glad i got dr zare.. he truly is a great surgeron...
"Caterpillar in my cocoon, I'm gonna be a butterfly soon.
  I'm a little butterfly, I can soar through the sky. So glad I ended up like this, Thanks to metamorphosis".

hw 286 pre op 276 sw 263 cw 214  13lbs lost pre-op slowly but surely!!    
Most Active
Recent Topics