I don't miss what I thought I would

Erin M.
on 2/1/12 11:15 am - VA
 I really thought I would miss food after surgery. I was not much of a healthy eater pre op and I I went through the whole breaking up with junk food period but I don't miss it like I thought I would. So that is a huge relief. I haven't found it at all difficult to stick to my diet so far

BUT I miss being able to guzzle an ice cold glass of water. Before surgery I was what I call and ice-oholic because all my drinks had to be super cold, but my new tummy does not like cold beverages at all!!!!!! Has anyone else had this issue or know if it lasts forever? Also does the only being able to drink small sips last forever? Thanks for any input :)
HW 325
SW 310
GW 175

So ready to start my new life !!!!

LJ1972
on 2/1/12 11:17 am - FL
I can drink any temp and at a pretty good rate... I prefer cold but not icy (but i always have). I can down a 16oz bottle of water on the 5-7 minute drive to the gym.
Congrats on not missing food! Get your head on straight now in case (when) those cravings come raging back!
poet_kelly
on 2/1/12 11:22 am - OH
Well, everyone is different, but most people do not need to sip forever.  I can take big drinks easily now.

As far as liquid temp, that really varies from person to person, too.  Immediately post op I was the opposite, I had to have super cold drinks.  Chances are that will change for you too at some point.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Zeigled
on 2/1/12 11:25 am - Parkton, MD
I can drink cold or hot - carbonated or not and as fast as I can swallow - no issues with drinking at all.  I have not done any sugary drinks - don't want to chance dumping but I can drink seltzer with lime, water, etc.  I can only drink a little bit of milk - which is a change for me.  Prior to surgery I could drink a LOT of milk.  I guess with the sugar in milk (lactose) it makes me nauseous.    I limit it to 4-6 oz at the most and use it usually on cereal.
HW 357 SW 341   

missjann
on 2/1/12 11:27 am
It will change. I can drink normally now and don't think about "sips". I
still prefer warm drinks, or rather, Le Pouche does. Cold drinks and I
just don't get along. That hasn't changed for me, but everybody's
different.
    Jan

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 55 views