Did you go to Brazil for surgery?

lololo25
on 2/8/12 4:40 am
 How long did it take you to plan the trip?  would you do it again?  What things did you need to plan ahead for and prepare?  I am considering going to have a DS in Brazil with Dr. M.  I have not traveled much in life.  I do have a passport.  What else would i need?  Do you need a visa for that short amount of time?
hoosierapple
on 2/8/12 5:51 am
Revision on 06/05/18
 Why would you travel to another country for the surgery?   I would think there might be a local surgeon who might be of help to you... and be of local ongoing support.   

Just my thoughts... I didn't mean to offend anyone. 

lololo25
on 2/8/12 5:56 am
Not offended.  Financial reasons. 
hoosierapple
on 2/8/12 6:05 am
Revision on 06/05/18
 Ah ok.   Just please take care and be careful.  :)

lololo25
on 2/8/12 6:15 am
 Thanks.  I will try.  I realized that I posted this in the wrong forum.  I am interested in getting a DS revision surgery and Dr. M. in Brazil is very experienced as far as I can tell.  Not many surgeons do DS let alone DS revisions.   There really are no local experienced surgeons in my area.  They definatly are not affordable either.   
Cabin_Fever
on 2/8/12 6:13 am
One of the things I was told by my surgeon was that I was not to wear a seat belt for the first few weeks, because I had a surgical incision that didn't want to stay closed. That might be difficult for you if you fly back soon after surgery.  Long flight, and lots of airport time.  You'll be exhausted.

If you do decide to do this in Brasil, I sure hope that you would take someone along with you that could help you with any complications.  And it will be difficult to have the follow ups that you will require.  

Good luck to you. 

"We either make ourselves miserable or we
make ourselves strong.  The amount of work is the same...."    - Don Juan Matus

april89love
on 2/8/12 6:46 am - NC
As long as you have a qualified doctor you should be fine. You definitely need someone to go with you though. I went to Mexico for my surgery and my doc was more qualified than most here in the states.

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 363 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 204 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 118 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 2 replies · 20 views
Recent Topics