TOM Question

Jennifer A.
on 2/9/12 7:25 am
I am a little past 13 months post-op RNY. I'm down to 190 from a starting weight of 344. I'm pretty good with all of my supplements except Iron. My question is, I haven't had a period since early December (2011) and possible pregnancy isn't a factor whatsoever. Could this be from low Iron levels? I'm due for my one year labs. I was just curious if my Iron levels could be the culprit behind my missing TOM. Health-wise, I feel great. No problems (knock on wood).

(deactivated member)
on 2/9/12 8:01 am
 I don't have the answer to the TOM question but I wanted to say 
CONGRATULATIONS on the weight loss. Excellent 
lilbear412
on 2/9/12 8:44 am - MN
 Well that would depend on how old you are also?  Are you of menopause or peri menopause age?  I heard something about estrogen being stored in fat cells..considering you have lost a LOT of that i would guess that might be the problem (not a bad problem to have btw).  I would talk to your doctor at your next appointment.  good luck and awesome job on the weight loss..

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

(deactivated member)
on 2/9/12 11:05 am
i currently am experiencing low iron for the past few months and the reason is because of my period.i have had some sort of period for the past eight months.i am scheduled for surgery in a month to have hystorectomy.im not sure if this helps you or not
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 402 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 392 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 245 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 298 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 328 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?