Am I the only 1..

KaramelBeautee
on 2/12/12 12:12 am
RNY on 02/01/12
 Morning OH, OK I am 1 wk out and will soon to be 2 wk this up and coming Wednesday!! When I was having a moment last night and kinda felt if though what if my surgery didn't take crazzzy right (IK). I mean it feels at times that it did not work and was just wondering if it is me..i feel just as good as i did when i enter into the hospital on 01/February/20-12. I mean I am actually feeling alot better than before but i don't know if it is b/c i haven't ate any junk or fast food..just been doing this liquid of water and cranberry juice (yes i have been watching the sugar intake). I mean it is something that actually have u sitting and contemplating on this situation.
                                       Determin'd Loser      
         HW (eva) 500lb ( March 20-!0 ) SW 39! ( Feb 0!, 20-!2 ) CW 357( Mar !3, 20-!2 )
                                              GW !45 ( On Going Process )

LJ1972
on 2/12/12 12:29 am - FL
my 10 day follow up with my surgeon I told him sometimes I wondered if he just cut the incisions and didn't do anything else. I didn't have any problems at all... still haven't. As pounds tick off you will believe it, because it is like nothing you have every experienced!
Best wishes!
Cathrine J.
on 2/12/12 12:30 am - Victoria, Canada
RNY on 02/01/12
I know what you mean!  I had my surgery the same date as you did and except for some rare occasional tiredness I am feeling great.  I'm chalking it up to my pre-op diet not being healthy.  During the last six months before my surgery I didn't eat very much junk food but I'd indulge in a bag of potato chips every once and a while.  My pre-op regular eating pattern was never balanced though and I didn't take vitamins.

The way I'm feeling now is like my body is saying "Thank you!" for doing this.  Now I really do have my opportunity to start eating a well balanced diet and I'm going to be able to do it.
  I have the opportunity to get as fit as I can be and I'm sure not going to blow it.

HW 262, BMI 46.2 / SW 216, BMI 38.2 / CW 183 / GW 155
*45 lbs were lost pre-op.
5' 3 1/2"

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/12/12 1:12 am - OH
The majority of people experience very little trouble post-op... unfortunately, when people read the posts here from the people who ARE having trouble (who are in the minority), they ASSUME that everyone has trouble... and it is just isn't so.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

richarddavis196
on 2/12/12 1:18 am - VA
TThose feelings are normal. We all have some of them. Your surgeon did the procedure as planned or he would have to have told you so legally.

Your stomach/pouch nerves will not register any feelins for a few weeks to a few months. Just stick to you plan like I have and you will do great

DisneyLover
on 2/12/12 2:47 am - WI
I was the same way.  My surgeon kept telling me that you are SUPPSOSED to feel good and not have troubles. 
I think I told him for 6 months that he didn't really operate -  even though I was losing weight.

I hope you keep feeling great!

Sarah

KaramelBeautee
on 2/12/12 4:06 am
RNY on 02/01/12
Congrats/Thanks to each and everyone that took the time to read my post and reply. i know that all of us has been going through several things in our thoughts on the before, during, and after weight loss surgery. Sometime change could be a hard thing to get use to as well as adjusting to it.  wanted thank each of you personally for the advice on dealing with this situation. 

( LJ  1972)- THESE ARE MY THUGHTS EXACTLY

( CATHERINE J )- I BEAGAN CHANGING MY EATING HABITS THE DAY I ATTENDED THE WL SEMINAR (MARCH 2010 WITH MY HIGHEST WEIGHT BEING 500) @ ATL MED CNTR (N ATLANTA, GA). DAY OF SURGERY I WAS @ A WEIGHT OF 387 (FEBRUARY 2012).

( ****ROGIRL )- I HAVE TO HONESTLY SAY THAT READING THE BEFORE AND AFTER POST WAS NOT FRIGHTENING TO ME IT I HAD ALRDY PUT IN MY MIND TO LET GO AND LET GOD. BUT, I UNDASTAND WEA U R COMING FRM AS FAR AS UR FEELINGS IS CONCERN.

( RICHARD DAVIS 196 )- THAT IS THE ULTIMATE PLAN.

( DISNEY LOVER )- U R RIGHT TIME WILL SURELY TELL ( KEEP U UP DATED ON THE PROGRESS.

Determin'd Loser      
         HW (eva) 500lb ( March 20-!0 ) SW 39! ( Feb 0!, 20-!2 ) CW 357( Mar !3, 20-!2 )
                                              GW !45 ( On Going Process )

DebsGiz
on 2/12/12 7:08 am - FL

I'm smiling because, yes, I do remember feeling this as well.  Wondering if my surgery "took" or not.

Be patient, I'm sure your surgery "took" and you're gonna lose the weight. 

Other than being mindful to keep myself regular with the pooping thing, I've also never experienced any problems.  Once in a while I might eat something that makes me feel a little icky for a few minutes, but that's about the extent of it. 
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 442 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 333 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 337 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 151 views
Recent Topics