Update: Home From Hospital

rbb825
on 2/15/12 4:32 am - Suffern, NY
you are very welcome.  I have one more question, are you are on thyroid medication?  Thyroid medication interacts with carafate - it is really tough to get it in because you need to take synthroid 6 hours from your carafate which basically makes it impossible to get in 1 dose of synthroid, 4 doses of carafate, 3 or 4 doses of calcium which also has to be taken atleast 1-2 hours away from the carafate and 2-4 hours away from synthroid and iron, and 1 dose of iron, 2 dose of a multi plus other stuff - I would love for the doctors to have to take all this and to try to figure out how to take all this.

I am currenlty on cipro which can't be taken within 6 hours of iron or calcium and I have to take the cipro 2 times per day  - now try to figure that  out?  IT can't be done - I need 48 hours in a day

Carla M.
on 2/16/12 9:14 am
RNY on 02/21/11 with
I'm not on anything for thyroid. I didn't know I had to take carafate1-2 hours away from calcium. Thank you for telling me. I have to take my gabapentin 2-4 hours away from my Nexium. And I take that twice a day. It's hard to balance all of these medicines out. especially when I'm taking several of them 4 to 5 times a day, trying to time them with eating, drinking, other medicines, vitamins, etc. I feel like I'm almost overwhelmed getting it all in. I'm up until almost midnight trying to get it all in and up at 7a to start it all over again. Crazy.
rbb825
on 2/16/12 11:26 am - Suffern, NY
wow, no one told me that gabapetin has to be taken 2-4 hours away from Nexium?  I have been on either Nexium or currently protonix for 15 years now and gabapetin for about 10 years - I have always taken them together at bedtime - when I took them 2 times daily, I still took them together.  I will have to look into that. 

I had gone off the gabapetin for about 4 months and just went back on it 2 weeks ago and still no one told me and it wasnt' in the pharmacy literature.  I am going to do a search on the internet and get back to you.

thanks for the info - I am usually the one giving out the info

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/15/12 3:38 am - OH
I'm sorry that you are still struggling with all of this.  Hopefully, adding some new doctors into the mix will help you find a solution.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
Recent Topics