Me an athlete? NSV

Shelly S.
on 2/14/12 11:44 pm - Mason, MI
So I was cheering my son and his 2nd grade basketball team on at their game last week and another mom leaned over and said, "Did you play basketball in High School?" I laughed and said, "Oh No!" She looked at me like she was genuinely surprised.

In my head, I was thinking, "Yeah right". And I realized that she was serious and that to her I might actually appear like someone who could have been athletic instead of SMO during my school years.

I had a good laugh and mini celebration with the family about the whole thing later and this week when I was picking out something to wear to the game, I told my DD I was going to dress in something "an athlete" would wear----lol.

Just thought you would all "get" this and find it cool. I am still a fat girl in my head and it is a surprise when I realize others don't see me that way too.

Oh what a ride!
Shelly Smith    
HW 326 SW 293 CW 180 GW 160        
AnneGG
on 2/14/12 11:50 pm
Yup yup yup what a ride!!!

And what a ride adjusting to the difference in perceptions!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Michele816
on 2/14/12 11:53 pm
 Cool!!!!  

on 2/15/12 12:02 am - OR
Thats funny!

wvugal89
on 2/15/12 2:12 am - MD
That is great!

Teri-Lynn
POI

Shelly S.
on 2/15/12 4:47 am - Mason, MI
yeah, I thought I might start wearing "soccer mom" velour track suits---ya know, like an athlete----lol!

Shelly Smith    
HW 326 SW 293 CW 180 GW 160        
Most Active
Recent Topics