8wks out..cereal suggestions

Darcy S.
on 2/24/12 10:58 am - Clinton, CT
I'm 8 wks out is it too soon for a bowl of cereal? What kind would you suggest? I have been only eating protein foods but would love a bowl of cereal or a wrap for a sandwich. Is it too early for that? Thanks in advance for your recommendations!

Decision made weight 265  SW 249 CW 153  9/4/12 next goal 145lbs  OMG                                

poet_kelly
on 2/24/12 11:26 am - OH
What does your doc's meal plan say?  Mine said regular diet after six weeks so I could have a wrap or cereal then if I wanted.  I still had to work pretty hard then to get all my protein in, though, so a bowl of cereal would not have been a good choice for me.  I did have wraps occasionally then, though, with protein inside.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

MNJourney
on 2/24/12 11:32 am
SpecialK makes a protein enriched cereal. I think 10 grams for a serving. I was allowed cereal at 8 weeks, but my stomach doesn't like it.

HW:317 SW:255 CW:147

TXKashmir
on 2/24/12 11:44 am - Grand Prairie, TX
Kashi Go Lean is supposed to be good, but any kind of cereal makes me dump HARD so be careful.

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

snppmommy
on 2/24/12 1:33 pm - AL
I had Special K Protien last night for the first time.  Sugars is low and high in protien.  It was really good.
(deactivated member)
on 2/24/12 2:10 pm - Canada
 Kashi cereal is really good. One cup contains 6g of protein. The same amount in one egg. Second if you get the kashi cereal that has vanilla flavor, then sprinkling some vanilla flavored protein powder on top or into the milk you add can add to your protein intake.

I'm just 4 weeks post op, and I have been craving a wrap soooooo bad! But whole grain wraps are good because you can buy them in smaller sizes rather than the regular size.

I cannot wait until I am given the okay to have a wrap!

But I would make sure your doctor/surgeon has okay'd you to start on those foods.
Darcy S.
on 2/24/12 7:27 pm - Clinton, CT
Thanks so much for your replies! I am on a regular diet now but just don't want to take in to many carbs while still trying to drop fast lbs. Lol the special I and kashi sound great and I love the idea to add protein powder to it! I haven't dumped yet and it scares the heck out of me. Guess I'll wait for a day off to try it. Why do you think you dumped? Was there high sugar or something?

Decision made weight 265  SW 249 CW 153  9/4/12 next goal 145lbs  OMG                                

TXKashmir
on 2/25/12 4:29 am - Grand Prairie, TX
I dump on grain-based carbs more than sugar for some reason. Like, I can drink a can of Coke and be fine, but a bowl of oatmeal will get me sick as a dog. I can eat a tiny bit of cereal dry, and I can drink milk by itself, but the combination of the two gets me sicker than anything. Everyone's different, so it's just a matter of trial and error. Good luck!

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...