Pre-op question about cravings

artroxy blue
on 2/24/12 10:58 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 So, I don't have a date set yet, but I met with the NUT a couple of weeks ago. Drink more water, incorporate more protein, etc. were covered during our conversation. Ever since then, I've been battling late night snacking, which I very rarely do. I'm not sure if it's just my mind playing tricks on me or PMS or what, but I wanted to know if others went through this? 

Maybe it's a little sadness of curtailing my relationship with food? 
scorpio78
on 2/24/12 11:09 am
I'm kind of having the same problem. I have a date, 3 weeks from today actually. And I have lost 12 lbs. but they wanted me to lose 25..I don't think thats going to happen. The more I read about how I'm not going to be able to eat much anymore..the more I want to eat!! Its got to be phsycological, It's weird! I was doing so good the first couple of weeks, and now..just can't seem to lose anymore, hope they don't hold me right to that 25 lbs. Good Luck to you...I'm going to really try to do better...its HARD!
artroxy blue
on 2/24/12 11:32 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 Thanks! Good luck to you too!

I think since I've started cutting caffeine out that it's increasing my cravings too. Ahhh...it will be worth it in the end. :)
mskris8199
on 2/24/12 4:26 pm
RNY on 03/06/12
I am totally having the same issue.  I want to eat everything that I know I won't be able to eat for a while or ever again.  I feel guilty about it, but seem helpless to stop it.  I think part of it is that I found this Monday 2/20 that i'm having my surgery a week from Monday 3/6, only 2 weeks later.  I'm in a little bit of a panic, but I know this too shall pass!
Autumn Jensen
on 2/24/12 10:49 pm - Lind, WA
RNY on 03/06/12
I'M HAVING CRAVINGS ALL THE TIME. I WANT TO EAT BUT KNOW I CAN'T. MY SURGERY IS ON 3/6 AND THEY WANT ME TO LOSE A POUND A DAY FROM THE 17TH, I'VE ACTUALLY GAINED A POUND! YIKES! I WISH YOU LUCK! IT IS VERY HARD BUT WORTH IT IN THE END. I WAS DOING GOOD THE FIRST TWO WEEKS BUT THESE LAST TWO HAVE BEEN REALLY TOUGH FOR ME. ANYWAY GOOD LUCK AND I WISH YOU ALL THE VERY BEST.

Most Active
Recent Topics