Finally Home from surgery!

Natali1983
on 3/1/12 5:55 am - miramar, FL
RNY on 02/28/12
OK SO IM HOME NOW...PAIN IS LESS EVERYDAY THAT GOES BY BUT I WILL SAY...THE 1ST DAY IS VERY UNCOMFORTABLE...ONCE I WAS AWAKE THEY TOOK ME IN A WHEELCHAIR TO MY ROOM N MADE ME GET UP AND WALK TO MY RECLINER..I WAS WALKING 6MINUTES EVERY HOUR AND WAS NOT TO LAY IN THE BED UNTIL 10PM THAT NIGHT..THAT WAS A KILLER AND TO TOP IT OFF THE WOULDNT PUT MY PAIN MEDS THROUGH MY IV CUZ THAT WOULD JUST PUT ME TO SLEEP..LOL THE NURSE WOULD POKE ME IN THE THIGH W A NEEDLE...NEEDLESS TO SAY IM VERY HAPPY TO B HOME...ANY TIPS FOR NEWBIES?
Natali

jazzycatz
on 3/1/12 6:05 am - Joppa, MD
Welcome home!  At this stage of the game keep your walking up.  Just around the house is fine every hour or 2.  And sip, sip, sip.  Easy to dehydrate. 

MONICASNEWLIFE
on 3/1/12 6:06 am
congrats and im glad your home...
as for tips.. its very important to walk to help avoid blood clots but if for some reason you cant get up to walk, do lots of calf and toes exerciise.. my hubby would give me foot and calf massages with a machine to get my blood flowing...
drink slowly and dont expect to be able to drink all your protein for the day for the fisrt week.. my first week at home i only took in around 30g of protein a day after i started feeling better i would take more and it became easier so dont panic if your unable..
bowel movent is hard to come by during the first week.. did you get colace from your dr.. if not call and have them send you a prescription.. you might have a hard time going potty..and colace makes it easier if not send someone to buy you miralax power that you can add to your protein shake..

good luck in your journey and see you soon on the looser bench!!
"Caterpillar in my cocoon, I'm gonna be a butterfly soon.
  I'm a little butterfly, I can soar through the sky. So glad I ended up like this, Thanks to metamorphosis".

hw 286 pre op 276 sw 263 cw 214  13lbs lost pre-op slowly but surely!!    
Hattie T.
on 3/1/12 6:10 am - Denver, CO

Welcome to the Losers' Side!!!!   

Don't be in a hurry to advance your food stages. 
Drink your 64 ounces and don't eat for more than 20 minutes or so. 
Get at least 40grams of protein each day the first week or two.  Don't worry about not getting in more protein.  Just spend these couple of weeks getting your schedule down pat, and getting used to sipping and not gulping!  (That was hard for me!) 
Some of us noticed that we get cold more easily now.
Don't lift more than 10 pounds.
Use your hospital breathing helper for a few days more to keep your lungs clear.
Walk around the house every few hours.
You might have pain below your left breast even after everything else stops hurting.
Track blood pressure and blood sugar if you had those co-morbidities prior to surgery. Take the documentation to your next surgeon appointment.
Get set up with a support group.
No driving for two weeks.

God Bless You!

Hattie

Htaylor46     HW 412, SW 386, CW 309, GW 190      
Natali1983
on 3/1/12 7:24 am - miramar, FL
RNY on 02/28/12
WELL AT THE NUTRITIONIST OFFICE SHE GAVE ME A MENU FOR THE WHOLE DAY..IT ALL EQUALS UP TO 64OZ BUT WHERE DO I FIT IN MY WATER?
Natali

Most Active
Recent Topics