Could this be a sign I am doing something wrong, or is it just a common slow down?

xtine
on 3/1/12 3:20 am - San Jose, CA
December - 18lbs lost
January - 19lbs lost
February 10lbs lost

I am 13 weeks out of surgery. Is this a common slow down time or could I be doing something wrong?

HW: 295 / SW: 273 / CW: 169.4 / GW: 140 / Dream Goal: 120
Height: 5'3.5"  -  *22lbs of my weightloss was lost pre-surgery.

hedrider
on 3/1/12 3:54 am - Midlothian, TX
It's just the nature of the beast.  You will have stalls and slow downs.  The more you lose, the less you have left to lose - the harder and longer it takes to lose it.  It just comes down to time and patience.
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

twohcts
on 3/1/12 4:32 am - Spokane, WA
xtine -  We had surgery the same day and were approximately the same starting weight.  My loss by month has been similar to yours so I think it is just the nature of the beast.  You are even a couple pounds ahead of me  Hang in there, I think by next November we will be very pleased with our total.

MONICASNEWLIFE
on 3/1/12 5:03 am
hang in there little lady!!!
 my stats are

december 2011= 17lbs lost
jan 2012 :8lbs
feb 2012: 8lbs

you could be like me and doing worse...i think it all comes down to everyones body there are some super fast loosers and some super slow(example ME) but hey i figure as long as im loosing and not gaining im winning the battle if i keep going at this rate by the time i hit my year mark i would have lost more then 100 lbs..(IN 10 MONTHS   FROM NOW I WOULD HAVE LOST 80) im currently down 33lbs since surgery and 46 since i started my pre op (nov 29 2011) not bad..im down to 230..i havent been this low since 2004 when i had my 1st baby!!

GOOD LUCK AND KEEP US POSTED!!!
"Caterpillar in my cocoon, I'm gonna be a butterfly soon.
  I'm a little butterfly, I can soar through the sky. So glad I ended up like this, Thanks to metamorphosis".

hw 286 pre op 276 sw 263 cw 214  13lbs lost pre-op slowly but surely!!    
justthe3ofus
on 3/1/12 6:22 am - Northwest, IN
 I also had surgery the same day as you. Our stats are very similar. I like checking people's stats whose surgeries are within a few days of mine and it seems when I do that we are all within about 8lbs loss of each other. Iknow everyone says don't compare but it's soooo hard not too! LOL. I hate hurry up and wait moments. I ahd a month long stall at 3 weeks out and that just about killed me. Not to mention the people around me who had no idea why I was so *****y!

Also, some people do their weight trackers differently. For instance, you have yours set to show loss from your pre-surgery weight while I have mine set to show loss from day of surgery weight. If someone does not state this in their tracker it can look a little deceiving. I've looked at yours a few times and wondered WTH I was doing wrong to be 20ish lbs. heavier for the same surgery day until I realized.

Hang in there and best of luck! I am struggling with wanting all this extra weight gone right NOW too!

Kim B.

HW 295/ SW 281/ CW 209.6/ GW 155
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Celia S.
on 3/1/12 7:41 am - Grand Junction, CO
15.3 lost in Nov 2011
20.3 lost in Dec 2011
14.6 lost in Jan 2012
8.6   lost in Feb 2012

If you're making good food choices, getting in your protien and water, and exercising, I think you're doing just fine. My weight has been doing the same thing, but I have to remember I can't lose 20 pounds every month (as much as I really would love to). Our bodies need breaks and time to figure out what the heck is going on. Try to stay positive!!! :)
Most Active
Recent Topics