I want junk food!

MissLisaD
on 3/4/12 12:05 pm - CA
RNY on 05/31/12
 It's day 6 of my pre op diet. I'm averaging 800-900 calories a day and today and yesterday I did 30 min on the treadmill and 30 on the elliptical at the gym, all other days I did 30 min at the gym. I'm starving. I want....1) a shamrock milkshake 2)honey walnut shrimp from panda express 3) harvester burger from nation's......not in any particular order. :( worst of all I don't have a surgery date yet......errrrr I'm so frustrated!!!! :(
LJ1972
on 3/4/12 12:10 pm - FL
personally I didn't do the gym on my pre-op diet - I was on 3 protein shakes a day and "all the clear liquids I wanted"
MissLisaD
on 3/4/12 12:12 pm - CA
RNY on 05/31/12
 I just feel like going to the gym will get me to goal quicker and I'd rather eat than only drink shakes. I think I'd e going even more crazy than now. I think maybe the last week or two ill do liquids only.
LJ1972
on 3/4/12 12:37 pm - FL
oh I thought this was like your week or so before surgery (was wondering how you didnt' have a date but had started liquid diet lol)
  If it is a longer term diet, then definitely you need to eat "food".  If you concentrate on dense proteins it will help fill you up faster / longer. Also fibrous veggies - broccoli, celery etc will keep you full. 

My surgeon said going to the gym preop was the best thing I did for myself.  Just make sure you are giving your body enough fuel to get through it.  (If I remember correctly, my NUT wanted me eating around 1600 calories or so during my 6mth supervised diet pre-op)

COURAGE TO START, STRENGTH TO ENDURE, RESOLVE TO FINISH 
                              HW 353 SW 317 Original GW 180  Current Wt  170 
                               First 5k 59:18; 5k PR 32:06;  1st 10k 1:20:27; PR 1:08:36
                                                    1st Half Marathon 2:48

Pensacola Double Bridge Run 15k- 1:47:34
                                                  Three Sprint Triathlons

nightbird
on 3/4/12 12:12 pm - Bowie, MD
 Try this instead of a shamrock milkshake...a shamrock protein shake.  

Good luck!

http://www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/ 

Lisa
MissLisaD
on 3/4/12 12:19 pm - CA
RNY on 05/31/12
 I can't wait to try that shake! Thank you so much! You rock! This is another reason I love this forum!
MissLisaD
on 3/4/12 12:23 pm - CA
RNY on 05/31/12
 He only thing that stinks is I'll have to wait until tomorrow. 
mirlyn2012
on 3/4/12 12:41 pm - FL
RNY on 02/20/12
That shrimp is so so yummy. Now I want some lol.
      .oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.Miranda.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.      
poet_kelly
on 3/4/12 12:13 pm - OH
What 's in the shamrock milkshake?  Is it mint flavored?  You could make a similar protein shake!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Mary Catherine
on 3/4/12 12:32 pm
 Is this a six month preop diet?  

If so, then you just need to find good substitutes for what you want.  Look into a sugar substitute called whey low for the shrimp.  Instead of sweetened condensed milk, substitute some fatfree evaporated milk sweetened with whey low.  There are honey flavored substitutes for flavor.  Walnuts and shrimp are good for you.  Fry the shrimp in a pan sprayed with PAM instead of in oil.  There are recipes for the shrimp on the internet.  Just substitute healthier choices for the high sugar, high carb, high fats.

A harvest burger might not be bad at all.  I throw away the bun when I eat a burger.

My secret of losing and maintaining my loss is to always find low fat, low carb, sugarfree ways to enjoy the taste of what I crave.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views