Update to Everyone!

desireelynn
on 3/15/12 1:19 am
RNY on 06/26/12
Good Morning Everyone,

I just wanted to update everyone! I went in for surgery on Tuesday to have RNY and to have my gallbladder removed it just so happened that the RNY didnt end up happening because my gallbladder ruptured and surgeon said im lucky to be alive from that happening. I was under for about 2 n a half hours and he said that he didnt want to keep me under any longer as it would not be healthy! I am now questions was it just not meant for me to get the RNY or was this just a little bump in the road. My surgeon said in about 3-4 weeks he will be able to do my RNY I am also wondering is my body going to be able to handle that? So many questions and so many emotions running thru my head!!!!
Kaoz789
on 3/15/12 1:33 am
 Thank goodness you were already in the hospital when your gall bladder blew!

I wouldn't give up on RNY yet though, it is after all the reason you're getting it done, to help prevent these sort of medical problems?

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Tamie

Jennifer M.
on 3/15/12 1:37 am - MN
RNY on 02/17/12
 Your doctor wouldn't do the RNY if it weren't safe.  You'll be fine.  I find it interesting that he didn't want to put you under for more than 2.5 hours.  I suppose it was a combination of the choice of anesthesia and the trauma from the gall bladder rupture.  My RNY took about 3.5 hours, and I've had other surgeries that took longer.  I guess if it were me, I'd be happy that my surgeon took a conservative route.  

xtine
on 3/15/12 3:09 am - San Jose, CA
So sorry to hear that it didn't work out this time. I had my gallbladder removed when I had my RNY and the surgery took longer than expected, over 4 hours! I wouldn't think of this as a sign that it isn't meant to be. I can't imagine what it was like for you waking up from surgery to find out the RNY hadn't been done so I am sure this is a hard one to deal with. Good news is that the surgeon will be able to do it very soon for you, gives you a little more time to prepare.

HW: 295 / SW: 273 / CW: 169.4 / GW: 140 / Dream Goal: 120
Height: 5'3.5"  -  *22lbs of my weightloss was lost pre-surgery.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 68 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 294 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 300 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views