vitamin d and calcium supplement

jasonsmith
on 3/16/12 2:27 pm - MO
I was put on 50,000 iu vitamin D two times a week. Orders also said to take a calcium supplement with vitamin d added. So can i take the calcium supplement and the vitamin d 50,000 iu together? 
Hattie T.
on 3/16/12 4:17 pm - Denver, CO
I take them together without a problem. You just need to take the calcium citrate supplement at least 3 times every day.

Hattie
Htaylor46     HW 412, SW 386, CW 309, GW 190      
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/16/12 5:07 pm - OH
 Yes. Most calcium supplements don't have all that much Vitamin D in them (relatively speaking).  If you are taking 50,000 units twice a week, an additional 1000-1500 units of D per day in your calcium supplement isn't very significant (100,000 units vs. 110,000 units per week, for example).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

poet_kelly
on 3/17/12 12:35 am - OH
Yes, you can.

Make sure your calcium is calcium citrate, not carbonate.

Also, you want to take dry D3, not D2, not in oil.  So if you were given a prescription for vitamin D, that's D2 and in oil, so it's not what you need.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Bobkat
on 5/2/12 10:23 am
RNY on 04/10/12
 How do I get the dry D3?? I was also given 50000 units of vitamin D for a weekly dose. Can I get the dry D3 over the counter in the vitamin aisle? I am only 3 weeks out after surgery so I am trying to get the right supplements that I need for the long haul. Thanks!! 
poet_kelly
on 5/2/12 11:11 am - OH
You can get dry D3 anywhere that sells vitamins, but stores don't carry big doses.  If you want the 50,000 IU dry D3, you can order that from vitalady.com.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

jasonsmith
on 3/17/12 4:36 am - MO
Thanks very much for all answers.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 449 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views