Nectar

artroxy blue
on 3/17/12 9:40 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 Hello again! 

I've read about Nectar by some of you, and was wondering which ones are your favorites? I was going to order some, but I don't want to order a bunch of tubs and throw them away. I'm partial to iced tea, citrus flavors and some fruity flavors (think mango, not fruit punch). Thanks again!!! 
mirlyn2012
on 3/17/12 9:50 am - FL
RNY on 02/20/12
I just ordered the sampler pack on bariatricpantry last night. Maybe that's a good idea for you?
      .oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.Miranda.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.      
artroxy blue
on 3/17/12 10:01 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 Thanks! I'll check out that site! :) I was looking at Bariatric Advantage's website, and they don't seem to offer sample sizes of Nectar. Weird...
Sonogrrl
on 3/17/12 10:19 am
RNY on 05/22/12
Amazom.com also has samples of those, I just ordered some. Single flavors or a mixed variety.
RNY 5/22/12      27.5.bs lost pre-op      
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/17/12 10:20 am - OH
 Yes, definitely order samples because people's taste in nectar flavors varies as much as with other protein powders. You can get them from www.vitalady.com.

FWIW, I like the Twisted Cherry and Roadside Lemonade (both are a bit tart), as well as the Vanilla Bean Torte (which, obviously is not a fruity one), and I hate the Fuzzy Navel and Caribbean Cooler.  The Strawberry Kiwi is ok.  The Apple is VERY sour, but I like it for a change of pace.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

SarinaHaas
on 3/17/12 10:22 am, edited 3/17/12 10:23 am - NY
RNY on 02/28/12
Go here: http://www.si03.com/reg_index.htm

A little ways down the page see the Monthly Special... "Nectar Variety Sampler." You get a sample of all 13 flavors for only $13.00 FREE SHIPPING!! They only allow one per person, per address... so I had everyone I know order me one! That is a fantastic price. I LOVE the fruit juice Nectars. I am not fond of the Nectar sweets though. My favorites are: Roadside Lemonade (mixes really well with flavored Crystal Light too), Strawberry Kiwi, Pink Grapefruit, Lemon Iced Tea, Fuzzy Navel & Carribean Cooler.

Then .. once you get your sampler and decide which ones you like... you could, obviously order the tub(s)... but the individual packets work best for me (just throw em in my purse, etc). I get them from here: http://www.bjsbariatrics.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=bjb&Product_Code=synSamplePack&Category_Code=

You can MIX -N- MATCH your fav types of individual packs for only $15, with about $5 shipping. You get 11! I tend to get sick of things easily, so knowing me, I'd order a giant tub and then half way through it get sick of it.

The "trick" with the Nectar though - do not mix it with cold water. It gets all clumpy and changes the taste to more of a chalky flavor. I use just room temp/luke warm water to mix, then add ice in my shaker bottle and shake it up.  YUM!! To me, they taste just like a Crystal light. I have at *least* 3 a day.. usually 4.
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/17/12 11:51 am - OH
 Thanks for the info about the Mix & Match.  My appetite has been iffy lately, so I have been doing some shakes again (normally I just add some protein powder to my morning hot chocolate as my "extra" daily protein boost and I don't do shakes anymore) but I don't want to buy any whole tubs because I know that I will not use even one of them up (I'm sure my appetite will resume before then!)

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

artroxy blue
on 3/17/12 10:32 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 I just ordered that sample pack from mybartiatricpantry.com! Thanks again! :)
xtine
on 3/17/12 10:40 am - San Jose, CA
My faves are Cappuccino, Vanilla Bean Torte, and Chocolate Truffle. Sometimes I mix cappuccino with either vanilla or chocolate for a little change. I don't much care for the fruity ones. I recommend buying their 12 sample pack before committing to a tub though. Good luck. 

HW: 295 / SW: 273 / CW: 169.4 / GW: 140 / Dream Goal: 120
Height: 5'3.5"  -  *22lbs of my weightloss was lost pre-surgery.

artroxy blue
on 3/17/12 11:05 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 Thanks! :)