Pre op Jitters

jujubee4224
on 3/20/12 2:34 am
RNY on 04/09/12
Hi Everyone,
I am new here, I signed up last week. In January, I decided to follow through with the process for WLS. I had given it a lot of thought for a long time. The time was right. I made my appt. and started the long process for approval. I found out last week that my insurance approved me for the gastric bypass. I am also going to have my gall bladder removed at the same time. My surgery is scheduled for April 9th and it is coming up soon. I am looking forward to feeling better, having better control of my bp, be able to be more mobile without as much pain (I have already had both knees replaced d/t osteoarthritis) and of course the benefits of being smaller.
I am getting excited about the next chapter of my life but I am having some pre-op jitters. I know this is normal, my life is going to change dramatically...and for the good.
I am hoping that I can make some good friends here. Please share anything that you think might help me in these days before surgery and after. Your stories inspire me. I spent many years taking care of others, I am a critical care nurse. Now it is time to take care of myself. This is the first step!
I look forward to hearing from many new friends.
jules

sarahmathis1681
on 3/20/12 4:30 am
RNY on 02/13/12
 everything will go great!! some people are lucky enough not to have any problems right after surgery me personally i had gas buildup bad(gas x strips are wonderful for this) and pain but it only lasted a week and im 5 weeks post op and dont regret it one bit  it was the best thing i ever did

http://www.weight-loss-center.net

Jenni_9yrspostop
on 3/20/12 4:45 am
Welcome and congratulations on your decision. I had my RNY 10+ yrs ago and I still think it was the best decision I ever made. I still have wow moments and would do it every year if I had to in order to feel this good. Good luck to you and keep us up to date!
Jen 10 yrs post op RNY
poet_kelly
on 3/20/12 4:52 am - OH
You're a nurse, so I'm guessing you've done your research, you know all the risks and the benefits, and you've made a wise decision.  You picked a good surgeon and you're having it done at a good hospital.  The nerves are normal, yeah, but you don't need to focus on them too much because you've already done your homework.  So now I would focus on your goals.  On all the good stuff that is gonna happen.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 374 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 341 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 192 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 218 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 124 views
Recent Topics