Skin & insurance coverage for platics

jojo3283
on 3/23/12 5:43 am - OK
I posted on plastic surgery board as well....

Just wondering .. I was told that to get insurance to cover need to have documentation from physician of infections n such. Well sadly I am at that point was wondering if that documentation can be from Primary Care doctor or does it have to be from my bariatric surgeon? only ask this because to see my PCP my co-pay is $30 cheaper per visit and 50 miles closer!

Doing this for ME !!!                 
      Highest Weight 260 / Surgery Weight 235 /  My Goal 160 / Dr Goal 135                  

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/23/12 6:00 am - OH
Documentation from your PCP is just fine.  That's all I had, but I also had pictures of the rashes... ick.... since I was told that photos really helped  with getting approval.  (It did NOT help with even my appeal on my arms because of armpit rashes and infections, though.)

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

MrsLitch
on 3/23/12 4:45 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
years ago I had lost 80 pounds and wanted a tummy tuck. I went to the same plastic surgeon who did my breast reduction (and got insurance to pay for it) . I didn't need to show him anything or have photos. He just reported to the insurance that I was having infections and they took his word. Obviously not all insurances are created equal but it was pretty easy for me to get approved with BCBS at the time.
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/23/12 9:51 pm - OH
I can tell you for certain that now BCBD requires 6 months of documentation of unsuccessful non-surgical attempts to treat rashes before they will approve even a panniculectomy, and a full tummy tuck is out of the question unless you have a hernia or some other condition that already requires cutting muscle...

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
Recent Topics