Shortage of Quest bars even online

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/23/12 12:31 pm - OH
After trying a number of the flavors of Quest protein bars, I placed an order with Vitamin Shoppe for a box of the strawberry ones (free shipping and I had a rewards voucher to use up), and got an email the next day indicating that they are on backorder (even though it did not originally say so on the website).  I checked Netrition and another site, and apparently a lot of suppliers are temporarily out of certain flavors.  Popular bars! I normally use protein bars for "emergency" protein, but my tummy has been temperamental lately, and my appetite has been spotty, so I have been eating them (or having a protein shake) much more frequently.  I don't care for the texture even of the Quest bars, but they have better stats than the only other protein bars I find tolerable to eat, and I thought the strawberry flavor was nice.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Cleopatra_Nik
on 3/23/12 12:41 pm - Baltimore, MD
Um that's cuz Quest Bars are the awesomeness! Glad to see the demand is going up. They really are a great company and product IMHO.
Heidi T.
on 3/23/12 12:49 pm
RNY on 01/31/12
 Not sure if this helps but they are not backordered on this site http://www.questproteinbar.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduc t=43&idcategory=

rny 1/30/12              
On 1/30/12 I begain my new healthier life, it is not easy, but day by day I will reach my goals.                
Winnie_the_Pooh
on 3/23/12 1:51 pm
I cut mine up into 3 or 4 pieces and put them on a small plate.  Then I microwave them for 20-30 seconds.  The texture changes to more of a cookie texture.  They are much better that way.

Winnie

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/23/12 2:40 pm - OH
Yeah, that definitely improved both the texture and taste of the cinnamon roll and apple pie ones, but somehow warm strawberry cheesecake doesn't sound very good, LOL.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

dori M.
on 3/23/12 10:17 pm - MD
 I just ordered a bunch of flavors to try via the link on Nik's blog and I got a confirmation email that mines have shipped. So no backorder there.

JUDY C.
on 3/23/12 10:23 pm - Bear, DE
I ordered the Quest Coconut Cashew bar from Amazon.
They are wonderful! The coconut smell reminds me of Easter candy. I can't wait to try another flavor. These are definately on top of my of my favorite list. I didn't think any bar would be better than the peanut butter creme Power Crunch bar as I could never eat the dense ones.

~Believe in Yourself~

Sheri W.
on 3/24/12 2:58 am - Kansas City, MO
I heard that a popular TV show (Dr. Oz, The Doctors or something like that) mentioned Quest bars on their show and that's why all the Vitamin Shoppes and other stores/sites are sold out.
Most Active
Recent Topics