Thai Peanut Chicken - recipe!

kathyshrinks
on 3/26/12 6:20 am - WA
RNY on 01/18/12
So, I've been craving Thai food, and I just bought my first jar of PB2.  Serendipity!  Normally, I am not a measurer, but I wanted to be able to share the recipe, so here it is:

1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons Splenda granulated
4 tablespoons PB2
1 large clove garlic
1 handful of cilantro leaves
10 large-ish basil leaves

Whirl it in the blender.  Now, this ws pretty runny, but it tasted good.  I added 2 tablespoons of corn starch (I know, carbs) and cooked it in a saucepan to thicken it.  Cuz I don't like thin sauces.  You could also thicken it with one of the low-carb flours or baking mixes I have heard tell about.  Still a newbie, so I haven't tried those baking mixes yet, but I ordered some of the Atkins to try.

I stir-fried some chicken and veggies, then poured the sauce over it.  Whole family loved it!  I had marinated the chicken for several hours in Greek yogurt, as recommended on www.bariatricfoodie.com - best thing that ever happened to my chicken, let me tell ya!  Super-juicy and tender and NO lingering taste of yogurt.

Having some leftovers for lunch right now - reheated in the micro and the chicken is still very tender.

kathyshrinks
on 3/26/12 6:22 am - WA
RNY on 01/18/12
Oops - forgot the ginger and red pepper flakes! 1 teaspoon ginger and 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes (more or less, depending on how hot you like it).
Rejoyce
on 3/26/12 6:29 am - Dayton, OH
Thanks so much, I love peanut thai chicken.  I can't wait to try this!

Joyce
Life is just a stage I'm going through...
HW:253  SW: 230  CW: 170  GW: 140

BWB
on 3/26/12 7:09 am, edited 3/26/12 7:10 am
IS THIS very close to the Chinese recipe, because I love that.

oxfordcat
on 3/27/12 2:02 am - NJ
try xantham gum as a thickener. 
"Something has changed within me. Something is not the same". Elphaba    
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 23 replies · 127 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 247 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 301 views