Little Things

Stephanie L.
on 3/27/12 1:52 am

I had my surgery on November 17, 2011 and have lost 78 lbs so far which I am very excited about.  I knew that this surgery would help me attain great rewards but its the little things that have gotten me really happy .

For instance this weekend I sat on my couch with my family and out of nowhere I crossed my legs.  Sounds silly, I know but I was actually comfortable.  I haven't sat down with my legs crossed in over 10 years.  It was amazing to me.  I felt like a "lady".  Sounds weird, I'm sure but its how I felt.  It was great!!

Also, a few weeks back I joined my kids who were playing on the floor and I sat what they used to call "indian style" or "criss crossed".  It was a phenominal feeling that I was able to sit in those 2 positions.

Oh the little things!!

sweet-tart2012
on 3/27/12 1:57 am - TX
RNY on 02/16/12
That's what the 'old timers' call a NSV  (non-scale victory).  It's fantastic when one happens!  Keep up the good work.

happy_baker
on 3/27/12 2:00 am
RNY on 02/15/12
Amazing. When people stop to appreciate the little things, it makes me so happy to hear them. Congrats!!
_._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. 
Check out my video blog!  www.youtube.com/user/HappilyShrinking/videos
Highest weight: 269.  Surgery weight: 233.  Goal weight: 144, and then we'll see.. 
Christina.in.Onederla
nd

on 3/27/12 2:01 am - CO
RNY on 01/23/12
I know exactly how you feel!  I'm a slow loser in comparison to some, but I find that the "little things" have been more monumental than the number on the scale.  I can tie my shoes w/ ease, cross my legs & wrap my legs around my hubby when were wrestling around...just to name a few.  Whenever I discover another little things that I can now do, I swear you'd think it was Christmas around here.

Oh & I can see a shape in my body now!  I was kinda a square before & now my hourglass is starting to show again.  Ahhh, gatta love the little things!
"Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it."                                                            

Skinnygirlme
on 3/27/12 2:06 am - UT
RNY on 09/05/12
 Congrats! Thanks for sharing! 
  I believe in me...the best is yet to be!                        
nursejean
on 3/27/12 2:42 am
That's awesome! I can't wait to be like all the other ladies at work who can sit with their legs crossed. I am constantly worried about how I sit at work and pulling down my shirt to make sure it's covering my belly. It feels like a nightmare sometimes. I can't wait til I'm where you are!!
Surgery date of 4/30/12                                                                                                        
taylorwayzz
on 3/27/12 3:02 am - MI
It's not silly, or weird!!! I feel the same way. I could never sit with my legs crossed before surgery and it's a great feeling to be able too now. I like the fact that I can go to a restaurant and not worry that I won't fit in the booth. Enjoy all the little things because they mean the most!!!! Congrats!!!
 Lynnette                 
Sunshine1965
on 3/27/12 3:05 am
The little things I am so thankful for!  Loved that first time I could cross my legs.  Playing in the floor with my grandson.  Great blessings :) Keep up the good work!

Stephanie L.
on 3/27/12 3:07 am, edited 3/27/12 3:09 am
Thanks all!

slashes
on 3/27/12 3:26 am
Are you crazy that is not sily at all - I just wrote an entire post just a few minutes ago on how I am able to wear my wedding ring again today after years - you can read it HERE.  I am sure when I can cross my legs again I will be writing all about that as well - lol To me that is a BIG thing - congrats !!!

Follow My Gastric Bypass Story
This is where I share it all - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

RNY: 01-23-2012 Weight day of Surgery - 286lbs ~ Weight as of 09-13-2013 164lbs

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 422 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 432 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 272 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 334 views