i wish i never did this

Kristina679
on 4/1/12 7:22 am - Somerville, MA
RNY on 03/20/12
 I really wish i never went thought with it . i am  so  sick of the  protien shakes. all i want is real food  

sweet-tart2012
on 4/1/12 7:29 am - TX
RNY on 02/16/12
You are allowed to drink other things also.  Yeah, I hated the protein drinks.  I did find Cytomax sits well on my pouch.  (It doesn't like milk.)  You might try it for a different taste.  This stage will pass and you'll be on your way to a new life of eating.   Hang in there!

Kristina679
on 4/1/12 7:31 am - Somerville, MA
RNY on 03/20/12
 starting tomorrow i can have soft foods but i am scared to do that 
Dragonfly Dreamer
on 4/1/12 8:49 am - Canada
 I was scared to move on to soft foods too.  My advice is dont be scared. eat slowly, you may be suprised how well you can handle it. I didnt get sick once. 
happy_baker
on 4/1/12 11:58 am
RNY on 02/15/12
 Why are you scared?  

For the record, I hate protein shakes. I don't drink them. I like Atkins shakes, though, and I have one of those every morning. 

And soft foods will give you a renewed sense of energy-being able to eat real food again will put you in a better mood. Give it some time before committing to regrets. :)
_._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. 
Check out my video blog!  www.youtube.com/user/HappilyShrinking/videos
Highest weight: 269.  Surgery weight: 233.  Goal weight: 144, and then we'll see.. 
AMTRIUMPHANT
on 4/1/12 7:33 am - NY
 Look into purchasing  High protien barriatic cookies bars hot coco oatmeal..My doc sells them on line ....http://www.stopobesityforlife.com/ourstore/

There is a light at the end of the tunnel, look for other ways to get your protien in
Be positve

There are other alternatives too
If you like theres mozz cheese and cottage cheese

stay with it be strong 
RNY w/Revision on 4/2  Goal Weight 135

Eliza55
on 4/1/12 7:35 am - PA
Hang in there.  You're body is still recovering from surgery, and you haven't been able to enjoy some of the positives that come with weight loss.  That's what makes it all worthwhile.

Come back in a couple of weeks and let us know how it is going.
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

yahpraiser
on 4/1/12 7:44 am - danville, AL
I know its hard. I myself can not stand the protein shakes. I do not drink them. Neither my surgeon or Nut has told me to. I have tried on my own because it seems like the right thing to do. I was never on a liquid diet. The day before surgery I had to do clear liquids but other than that I have been eating. I was on pureed food from the day after surgery and at one week I went on soft foods. I dont know why the surgeons are so different.
I was having a hard time anyway. I wanted to eat. At first I thought it was head hunger. I wasnt feeling physically hungery at all. That wasnt it though. I didnt want a particular food. I wanted to eat. I wanted the satifaction and pleasure that I got from the act of eating. I went into a depression for the first 3 weeks or so. I had nothing to replace the act and feeling I got from eating. ( eatiing 2 oz. of food 3 times a day was not enough to enjoy the act of it.) Its not as easy as we may think its going to be.Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut,,,,,,,,
I am now six weeks out. I am noticing so may changes in my body. Other people are noticing. Food has become so unimportant to me. It is now a chore to eat not a pleasure. I am not depressed any more. I am getting pleasure from watching the scale go down, from watching my clothes get bigger and bigger. My mind is changing, my body is changing.
It is so hard at first. I feel for you!! But I also know it is going to get better. This stage will pass. I had thoughts of what have I done to myself as well. It will pass. When you start feeling better and seeing all the changes in yourself that happen so fast it will be worth it. I am glad now that I had the surgery. I wish I would have done it much sooner.
Good luck to you sweety my prayers will be with you!! It will get better.
avivaps
on 4/1/12 8:07 am
RNY on 02/28/12
I concocted my own shake as I also couldn't stand the powdered stuff.

1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
;1/3 cup skim milk
1, 2oz scoop of unflavoured whey protein isolate
1/3 pkt crystal lite

blend in my magic bullet and voila a delicious smoothy with 27 grams of protein, 157 cal,  0 fat and 12 carbs.

Not sure if that's helpful  but I promise it will get better soon.  Don't be afraid to try the next stage of food.  Just try a little and go slowly.  You should be fine.

Good luck,

Andrea.

RNY February 2012

starting BMI 40

knowbetterdobetter
on 4/1/12 8:17 am - FL
RNY on 03/26/12
i know how you feel. I had surgery on the 26th and i felt the way you feel. it will pass and then it may come back and then it will pass again (so ive been told)
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 439 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views