Surgery date April 17th!! ADVICE PLEASE

Toyiasomotivated
on 3/31/12 11:03 am - OH
Hi my name is Latoyia..I am sch to have Gastric Bypass on April 17th me and my sister both are going in on the same day. I am currently 329 lbs highest weight 338 lbs want to be 320 when i go into surgery. I have been working real hard working out 2 hours a day. i lost six pounds this past week so im super excited about that. I have been over weight all my life and have tried EVERYTHING. From atkins, south beach, calorie count, diet pills etc...Both of my parents & cousin have had Gastric bypass and have been very successful. Im so motivated i plan to workout 7 days a week...2 hours no less. So does anyone have any advice for me..i would love that!
Dagne Tripplehorn
on 4/1/12 4:26 am - OR
RNY on 04/06/12
 If you could lose six pounds in a week, you should be able to lose nine pounds in two+ weeks. Sounds like you know what to eat and what to do! 

I was never successful at dieting--not from a lack of information, but of stick-to-itiveness. Hence the WLS.

The reason to lose weight before surgery, as you probably know, is that your surgeon wants your liver to be as small as possible, and my understanding is the liver sheds fat when the body is very low on carbohydrates. This is why I'm now on the semiliquid, very low carb diet for my surgery April 6th.  [ WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!! ]  It's hard complying with the liquid diet, but very low carbs are easy enough.

If you want to, you could do the preop diet of 2 liquid protein meals + a very small protein-based meal with no carbs. Two very small protein-based snacks are allowed.

Today I'm eating one Premier protein shake, two big strawberries, 2 thin slices of cheese, 1/4 cup edamame and 12 snow peas, a 4 oz. protein pudding (which I'm counting as liquid protein, which it would be if I added more water), and for dinner, 5 oz chicken breast and as many plain veggies as I want.

Good for you, working out for 2 hours a day!

Exercise doesn't cause me to lose weight, but it I gather it does for some people, so keep on keepin on.

Toyiasomotivated
on 4/1/12 4:33 am - OH
Thanks for the advice!! i think im going to try the liquid diet frm here on out!!!!
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 211 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 345 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 223 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 211 views