Bah, pain.

foundthesun
on 4/5/12 3:09 am, edited 4/5/12 3:13 am - NJ
 Just here to vent a little. 

Ten months out, nearly 130 pounds down.

Recently got hit by what I thought was a stomach flu/UTI two punch, which I mentioned last week. Week later, I am still feeling sick. Pain usually pops up in the UTI area, sometimes under my left breast, sometimes right between my ribs, sometimes on my lower right side. Cramps pop up once in a while, too. I had my gallbladder out, I can eat (though I feel gross while eating), I can drink, I'm at least passing bowel movements (lol TMI) that are a little more solid now (last week...well, suffice to say, it was super gross, haha.). No vomiting yet, at least.

I'm scared, to be honest. I did talk to my surgeon on Tuesday, and it's more or less a wait and see game, since he poked around at my stomach and saw no indication of a blockage. He sent me out for blood work and I have to see him in a week now, but that hasn't come back yet. I suffer from pretty major generalized anxiety disorder, so I even have to wonder if my thinking about it all the time is making it even worse.   Of course this is the week most of my support system types are away (on a cruise, no less!), which is just kind of upping the anxiety to even worst levels.

I keep telling myself I legitimately have done everything possible to make sure I'm okay at this point. Now it's just waiting, and ugh, do I hate that! I basically am eating my three meals now just to make sure I get my protein in, and I'm not sure if my adversion to food is because what is going on or because I'm basically tied in knots of worry about this. What a terrible week for this to happen. 

Hope everyone's feeling a little better than I am today!
hellokitty21
on 4/5/12 3:56 am
First of all, congrats on your loss! 130 lbs is amazing!

I know you are worried, but as long as you are passing stool, you most likely don't have a blockage. Could you be having gas pain? Could you be about to start your period?

I hope everything gets resolved for you soon. I know it's really hard when you don't know what's going on!
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 270 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 200 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 265 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 139 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 200 views