6WEEKS POSTOP & SUSHI

Natali1983
on 4/6/12 12:47 pm - miramar, FL
RNY on 02/28/12
OK SO IM 6 WEEKS POSTOP AND TONIGHT MY HUBBY HAD SUSHI FOR DINNER...I TOOK 2 PIECES OF A CALI ROLL AND ATE ONLY THE INSIDES DIPPED IN A LIL SOY SAUCE..IT WENT DOWN FINE...ANYONE ELSE DID SUSHI O EARLY ON AND HOW DID IT GO?..ANY RECOMMENDATIONS?
Natali

mirlyn2012
on 4/6/12 1:03 pm - FL
RNY on 02/20/12
The recommendation against sushi early on by my nut isn't because of digestability(sp). It's because food poisoning this early out isn't a good idea and raw foods are more susceptible.

That being said... I totally tried a piece of sashimi 2 weeks out *ducks.* I thought I could sit at the table and just eat soup and avocado with friends and I failed. I'm ready to start eating it regularly again though. Almost 7 weeks and the rules from my nut say 8 weeks .
      .oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.Miranda.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.      
Natali1983
on 4/6/12 1:14 pm - miramar, FL
RNY on 02/28/12
THANKS MIRANDA...U KNOW IM RIGHT BEHIND U POSTOP AND MY SURGEONS OFFICE STILL HAS ME ON PUREE..MY DAD HAD RNY A FEW YEARS AGO AND HE KINDA GUIDES ME ON "WHAT NEXT"...I CANT ALWAYS AFFORD THE NUT OFFICE N SHE WONT SUPPLY ME WITH FUTURE PHASES OR MENUS...UGH GETS FRUSTRATING CUZ IM BASICALLY EATING THE SAME THINGS OVER N OVER
Natali

mirlyn2012
on 4/6/12 1:32 pm - FL
RNY on 02/20/12
I'm so sorry. I'd be miserable still on.pureed or soft foods. My soft food stage was short and I was already sick of tuna lol.
      .oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.Miranda.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.      
Natali1983
on 4/6/12 1:34 pm - miramar, FL
RNY on 02/28/12
LOL YEA I HAD TUNA 4DAYS STRAIGHT THIS WEEK AND ENDED UP WITH CANKLES FOR 2DAYS AND I KNEW IT HAD SOMETHING TO DO W THE SODIUM..LOL
Natali

Pam S.
on 4/7/12 12:22 am - MD
Mmmmmm...SUSHI !!  When you're ready to eat rice, order it with brown rice. The seaweed supposedly has protein along with the salmon/tuna/shrimp...ect.

SarinaHaas
on 4/7/12 10:17 am - NY
RNY on 02/28/12
We have the same surgery date! I'm still on puree too. Until Tuesday (6 weeks post op). Then soft foods for 2 weeks. At that 8 week mark is when sushi was OK'd for me. You bet your butt that I asked..haha. I miss sushi so badly!!
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 321 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 302 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views