Morning meds = upset stomach

nkara
on 4/10/12 7:27 am
So I've been taking my calcium, multi, colace and Ursodial in the morning and the past two weeks my stomach has been slightly upset after.... Is it ok to stagger them?   I only have to take the Ursodial another 2 months.  My doctor prescribed it for 6 months post op to prevent gallstones.  I do eat something with the meds so I don't think it's because I'm taking them on an empty stomach.  

What do you guys do?   
 Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

unewillow
on 4/10/12 7:55 am - CT
If your multi has iron in it, you shouldn't be taking it at the same time as your Calcium anyway, so yes, I think it's just fine to stagger when you take them and see if it helps.

nfarris79
on 4/10/12 9:20 am - Germantown, MD
 I wonder if the colace is causing upset? I used to notice the same thing and switched to taking the colace at night.... then switched to taking probiotics instead of colace to keep things regular.... sometimes it's just how your pouch is gonna be for a while - grouchy in the am - but it goes away after a bit!

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

poet_kelly
on 4/10/12 9:43 am - OH
Oh sure, stagger them.  Maybe you can identify which one is bothering you.  If it's the multi or calcium, you could then try a different brand.  Or even a different stool softener, if it's the colace.

If it's the Ursodal, maybe taking it at bedtime would help.  That way you might be asleep before the nausea hits and it could be gone by the time you wake up.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.