Regular Foods Phase1

Natali1983
on 4/10/12 10:46 am - miramar, FL
RNY on 02/28/12
OK SO TODAY STARTED MY PHASE 1 OF REGULAR FOODS...MY NUT HAS ADDED CEREAL TO MY MENU SO I CAN HAVE 1/2C CHEERIOS FOR BREAKFAST..SHE ALSO ADDED TUNA AND POACHED EGGS...MY DINNER PROTEINS NOLONGER HAVE TO BE PUREED SHE SAID I CAN START EATING THEM JUST CHEW CHEW CHEW...MY QUESTION IS HOW DO U GUYS SPICE UP THINGS..TONIGHT FOR DINNER I HAD 3OZ TILAPIA WHICH I SEASONED WITH ONION N GARLIC POWDER AND TERIYAKI SAUCE......DID U GUYS USE BBQ SAUCE EVER ?..DO THEY EVEN MAKE LOW SUGAR BBQ SAUCE?...HOW DO U MAKE UR CHICKEN BREAST SO ITS NOT SO DRY?
Natali

poet_kelly
on 4/10/12 10:51 am - OH
I spice things up post op pretty much just like I did pre op.  I don't use BBQ sauce a lot, personally, but if I was going to use it I would look for one low in sugar.  Low enough that the amount I would eat would have less than 12 grams of sugar - that's the amount I personally try to stick to.  I wouldn't care if it said low sugar on the label or not, I'd just read the label and see how much sugar it had and also consider how much I would actually be eating in one serving.

I use garlic, onion, chili pepper, cayenne pepper, salsa, various herbs and spices, hot sauce, etc to spice things up.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

(deactivated member)
on 4/10/12 10:55 am, edited 4/10/12 10:56 am
chicken breast is only dry if you overcook it, if cooked properly it is very juicy. you could buy kosher chicken because it is brined or you could brine it yourself. that helps make chicken even more moist.

edit: you could try citrus for fish just don't do it for too long or else the juice will "cook" the fish

Natali1983
on 4/10/12 11:05 am - miramar, FL
RNY on 02/28/12
thanks guys..ive been sticking to everything less than 5sugars but the more i can eat the harder its getting...just a lil scared to dump...foamies freak me out so i cant imagine dumping
Natali

(deactivated member)
on 4/10/12 11:52 am - Rushville, NY
The 98% fat free cream of soups are a great way to moisture to your chicken.  My dear sweet husband over cooks chicken 90% of the time.  Tonight he did it really well.  He cut breasts into strips, dredged it in egg/milk, then added some bread crumbs, baked at 350F for approximately 30-40 minutes, and it turned out super moist!  When it's bad though I add cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soups.  That adds a tad more protein too.  If it's real bad - I don't risk it.  Eating something that's too dry is VERY painful to me. 

And yes, you're right.  You DO NOT want to experience dumping.  It's horrible!  But frankly, I'm thankful for it.  It keeps me in check; the thought of it keeps me from making poor choices.  
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 320 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 240 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 301 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views