Hiccups

jujubee4224
on 4/12/12 7:18 am
RNY on 04/09/12
Hi Everyone,
I had my gastric bypass on Monday and came home Tuesday.  I think I am doing pretty well. It seems like everytime I get up and start moving, I develop the hiccups. They don't seem to last a long time but they are very uncomfortable with the fresh surgical incisions. Does anyone have a remedy to help prevent this from happening? Any help would be appreciated.
Also, I am having trouble urinating. I have to strain each time in order to start and keep my stream going. I have been told it could be from the anesthesia. Does anyone have any idea how to alleviate this symptom. The straining makes my belly that much more tender. I have talked to the doctor and he said if I want to come back to the hospital, they will insert a catheter. Just wondering if there were any other options before I make the 2 hour drive.
Thanks

Neaucora
on 4/12/12 8:09 am - AZ
RNY on 04/23/12
 They have herbal Ginger liquid drops for babies with hiccups. Maybe those will help. I wish they had them when my  kids were babies. lol. And I have have heard a warm shower and warm liquids helps with the urinating. But I heard its normal and will take some time. 
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 365 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 333 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 206 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 82 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 120 views
Recent Topics