Carnie Wilson Question

Cookietea
on 4/13/12 2:06 pm
I watched the show tonight and I don't understand what she had done.  She described it as making her small stomach smaller with a band.  If she gained that much weight back, is her stomach still small?  My surgeon won't even do a lap band as he thinks sucess with them is minimal.  Is that what she had done, a lap band.? Do you think it will work?  I have watched her other show and she doesn't seem to follow though very well.
Amy R.
on 4/13/12 2:18 pm
She actually did have a lap band placed over her stomach. Apparently her stoma had stretched so she had no more pouch, just one long, tubelike stomach. So there was nothing keeping her food from being processed all at once and I heard that is why she was always hungry.

There are some folks on OH who have had this done and gone on to successfully lose the remainder of their weight. Liza Beezee comes to mind first. You may want to look up her profile or PM her with any specific questions you have. Sorry couldn't be much help.

AMTRIUMPHANT
on 4/13/12 3:04 pm - NY
SHE had the RNY some years ago, infact my
doctor Shawn Garber I beleive assisted... NOW that she gained the weight back shes thinking of doing the the lap band over the gasteric bypass...If you google my Docs name you can view the Montel Williams episode where she revealed her RNY success.

RNY w/Revision on 4/2  Goal Weight 135

Adrianne_Dawn
on 4/13/12 4:14 pm - WA
RNY on 05/21/12
 I don't really know the whole story but I do know that my Case Manager told me about a someone she had before that lost weight and then a few years later saw him and he was almost 2x bigger then he was originally.  So, Sadly people think the surgery will "cure" everything but if you aren't ready for it you can always mess things up by eating the wrong items.  
Cookietea
on 4/13/12 10:54 pm
Around here the 5 year mark seems to be the kicker.  Three or four people here (I'm in a small community) who were 5 years out last summer seemed to gain a lot of weight.  I'm only a year out so hope to avoid that phase.
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 140 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 247 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 301 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 261 views