Advice

CathyD1968
on 4/16/12 9:36 pm - OH
RNY on 04/30/12 with
 I also have BC/BS. I went to my informational meeting in early January, seen the surgeon by the end of January. Started my 3 dietician visits(monthly). I did have to have the normal testing (chest xray, bloodwork, ekg) and I also had to have a stress test done. It took 2 days for my approval to come through! I was shocked. I am now scheduled for my RNY April 30th.  I do have high blood pressure and diabetes, but my BMI was 52. With the help of the dietician (and the fact that I had to weigh in every month with her) I lost 35 pounds in 3 months just by changing my eatting pattern and exercising (I joined the gym). My BMI is now 47! You can do this, just do everything the surgeon and dietician tell you to do and you will get your approval in no time!  Good luc****ep us posted!!
sybibi17
on 4/16/12 9:41 pm - Rockville, MD
CathyD1968, OMG!! Congratulations, I am so happy for you.  That is wonderful, I know you are extremely happy!  This really gives me hope and a great outlook on my situation.  Thank you so much for the encouragement.

Sybibi17
Kaoz789
on 4/16/12 10:29 pm
 I have BcBs too. 50 with no co morbidities qualifys for my insurance.  also it qualifies for GSV, RNY and lap band, so you may have even more options than a 40 w/ morbidities. 

Good luck! I wish you the best.

MarilynT
on 4/17/12 8:00 am, edited 4/17/12 8:02 am
Ten years ago I had a much lower BMI and no comorbidities and BC/BS covered my surgery 100%. Federal BC/BS is one of the best insurance policies out there, in my opinion. I don't think you will have any problems being approved.

Which doctor/ hospital are you using? When I had my surgery I lived in the DC metro area (Gaithersburg) and all the doctors were downtown OR in Baltimore; I know that has changed now. But I have nothing to say but good things about Dr. Lin at GW and his team.

Marilyn (now in NM)
RNY 10/2/01
262(HW)/150-155(GW)/159(CW)
(updated March 2012)

sybibi17
on 4/17/12 10:55 am - Rockville, MD
Marilyn, thank you for the information.  I have an appointment with Dr. McKenna medical group on Thursday.  I have read and heard alot of good things about him and his staff.
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 64 replies · 318 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 407 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 308 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 64 replies · 318 views